The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:02:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32
Author Topic: The Office of Former President & Senator Polnut - Deregistration  (Read 96478 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 17, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »

Sorry to hear that Polnut- while I would not have voted for you, I have respected you and your approach since we ran against each other for the Senate
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #326 on: April 17, 2012, 08:45:21 AM »

Cry Godspeed you, black emperor Cry
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #327 on: April 17, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »

Who the hell am I going to vote for now Unsure
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #328 on: April 17, 2012, 11:45:23 AM »

Who the hell am I going to vote for now Unsure

Napoleon!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #329 on: April 17, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2012, 12:25:25 PM by we don't need a cure for the weight of the world »

Cheesy

One of the main reasons I decided to run for a different office was to give you (both) a chance to move up finally (hint, hint, don't retire).
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2012, 11:24:17 AM »

On behalf of the Polnut administration, I would like to congratulate Atlasia's 5 new elected at-large Senators! Smiley
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »

Thank you- Tmthforu94
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #332 on: April 23, 2012, 11:46:44 AM »

I was interested to note that President Polnut was one of the 69 Atlasians not to cast a ballot - where is he?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »

I was interested to note that President Polnut was one of the 69 Atlasians not to cast a ballot - where is he?
Sick - That was stated at a White House press conference. Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #334 on: May 07, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »

President Hilton Hotel
Kansas City Missouri

Ladies and gentlemen,

I want to thank you for extending this invitation to me to be here with you all today.

I think we should get the numerous and enormous pink elephants out of the room right up front.

There are obviously many areas in which we are in complete and total disagreement.

I supported full legal equality of same-sex couples, including the right of adoption. I support the use of stem-cell research and believe in the separation of Church and State.

The separation of Church and State is an issue that has been one often fraught with landmines for those who discuss it. For those of strong faith, it is an affront and an assault of your personal religious liberty, for those of no faith, it means that religious beliefs and views should be excluded from our political discourse.

I believe my position on this is clear, but I want to repeat it for you. I believe in State whose administration is free of the involvement of any specific religious interest or group. However, we must also be realistic. For many in our community, their faith is a core factor in what drives them and therefore it must not be discounted as invalid, simply because of the fact it’s faith-driven.

We have a number of clear protections in our system to ensure that policies and their implementation are not discriminatory.

I believe that faith is deeply personal, and in our country, your right to practice or not practice any religious belief is respected as long as you do not impinge on the rights of others. That includes respecting that just because you believe it’s right, does not give you the right to place demands on others who do not follow your own religious views.

I’m going to mention the evil ‘L’ word, liberal. Part of the reason I consider myself a liberal is that I believe that individual rights need to be respected as a paramount element of society. That doesn’t mean we don’t make laws for society as a whole, but those particular rights and liberties need to be acknowledged. I will always defend the rights of people of faith to exercise them, with the same fervor I will protect the rights of those who do not have any or a different faith to live their lives how they see fit.

I’m a liberal, because I believe in the right to choose.

I’m going to go even further here… I spoke to the National Women’s Leadership Congress last week and I discussed my view of the reproductive rights issues currently swirling around. I made clear that I am fundamentally pro-choice. However, many members of organisations such as thing attacked me, suggesting that I am pro-abortion. There is a difference and it’s deeply offensive to suggest otherwise. Abortion is a terrible thing for all parties involved, and support, not guilt, should be there to give women options, I personally a support a graduated system of checks from beginning of the second trimester. One key element that angers me no end, is that no connection is made between those who are pro-life  and those who are opposed to comprehensive sex education.
To me, they are part of the same basket. There is real evidence that if you are given all of the information up front, including the use of condoms and other forms of birth control, the likelihood of unwanted pregnancies is much lower. This also is reflected in the rates of sexually transmitted infections.

Now, let’s work on what we generally agree on.

All religious texts instruct us that we must care  for those unable to care for themselves. That we should be devoting our time and resources to looking after each other and treating all, even our enemies with the respect and dignity we would hope to see from them.

I am about to hand down a Budget proposal to the Senate. I intend to bring down a deficit much faster than originally projected, with the opportunity to start paying down our debt from next year. We will do this, with small increases in some government charges and excises, we will do this from streamlining the way our military operates, we will cut back our military aid, but increase our humanitarian aid and we will cut back the operating costs of government. But I want to make this clear, there will be no cuts to social programs and I will not be cutting back the public sector workforce. I will defend those who administer vital programs for our country and am frankly sick and tired of seeing them attacked by people who know nothing of the work they do, or how hard they work. I will also ensure that those at the top know the need to reign in unnecessary spending. I will personally take a 20% cut in my operating and living allowances, and I will expect the same of all other elected and judicial officials.

We can deal with our economic problems, but we will not apply a machete when a scalpel works better.

Again, I want to thank you for inviting me here today. I’m sure many might not have liked what I had to say, but the opportunity meant a lot to me, so thank you.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: May 17, 2012, 08:02:28 PM »

President's Oval Office Statement
The White House

My fellow Atlasians,

Today we learned that Iran has tested a nuclear device.

This is especially egregious as this now flies against their stated public position for the past few years, that they wanted nuclear technology for power and medical purposes.

Atlasia was supportive of that, and along with fellow countries offered to aid them in that endeavour, in most cases that support had been rejected.

The Atlasian Government views this event with the greatest seriousness. Taking that into account, the Secretary of External Affairs will visit Turkey, Israel, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. I have changed my schedule and will be leaving tonight for Russia and then Germany, and then carry on my previously planned European visit.

I will close by saying this, I urge the entire international community to act calmly and with the utmost consideration for the delicate situation we are now in. Now is not a time to react, but instead to act with clear deliberation and common purpose.

I assure the Atlasian people, that your government is keeping the closest possible eye on this situation and you will not be kept in the dark.

Thank you, and Dave bless

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #336 on: May 17, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »

Hey - I'm dealing with some personal issues, so I won't be on too much for the next few days. I'll let you all know when I can get back to full activity. Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: July 18, 2012, 07:29:59 AM »

President Polnut will be releasing a statement on his future in Atlasian politics this evening.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: July 18, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

The former president is releasing a statement on his political future tonight.

I left the presidency a little under two weeks ago. Over those weeks, I have spent time with friends and with family. Even though it is only a short period of time, I have come a conclusion, that I am sure will stick.

I will not stand for, nor accept nomination or write-in votes for any elected office in Atlasia. Atlasia needs fresh blood and new ideas, not the same veterans jumping around from office to office. While there are certainly exceptions to the rule, I personally believe that my time in elected office is certainly at an end.

I thank all those who supported me, and I know the cares and concerns we share live on with you and all those who believe that our nation's best day are yet to come.

Thank you.

Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #339 on: July 18, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »

Hi Polnut.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #340 on: July 18, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »

Enjoy your retirement, Mr. President.

Will you still be voting in elections, hopefully? Smiley
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2012, 08:21:55 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2012, 08:25:21 AM by Former President Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

While it is not President Polnut's intention to interfere in public policy debates, he has been asked privately on his view on the issues surrounding Iran and the resolution currently before the Senate on the authorisation of force, so he has decided to issue this statement.

"I fully support the approach being applied by President Napoleon. I dealt with this issue in the last weeks of my presidency, it is not easy, it is deeply complex and requires an approach that is equal to the situation.

The threat posed by a nuclear armed Iran must not be underestimated, nor should it be overestimated.

I respect Senator Clarence deeply, but an authorisation of force to me, is not a sign of strength  but an overplaying of Atlasia's biggest hand, long before it is necessary"

President Polnut will be making no further public comment on this issue.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut will make his endorsement for president later this week, after a visit to the Polnut Foundation Centre in Philadelphia.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: October 09, 2012, 05:33:35 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut will make his endorsement for president this evening, he will speak before attending a charity dinner in Chicago.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #344 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:03 PM »

TRANSCRIPT

My fellow Atlasians,

Last time we were in the process of determining who would have the honour of serving as our president, I made a difficult choice to not endorse the current president. That conclusion was reached after a long period of reflection.

Now, I face the same choice, as we all do to determine who has earned our support for the presidential term. I am here to announce today, that I am endorsing President Napoleon for another term.

The relationship between the President and I, has, I think we all know, not always been great. We've clashed not really on fundamental beliefs, but on approach and priorities. When you've been given the honour of serving as president, you learn very quickly what you're made of. I believe Napoleon has shown himself to an able president who is serving in the interests of all Atlasians, while I may not have approached issues in the same way, each president must make the office their own. He has, and has been a success.

I pledge whatever support I can to ensure that this positive and productive term is followed by another. However, I want to send a message to those out there of progressive or left leanings. Our friends on the conservative side have put together a formidable team that cannot be underestimated at all. They are experienced and knowledgeable and we must work hard to get every single vote. I urge those supporting other tickets to make sure that preferences flow in a way to ensure that the progressive Atlasia we have fought for, the progressive movement that has been at the centre of my and many other's lives in Atlasia continues and thrives for the future.

We cannot allow petty disagreements or rivalries to risk what we have done together, across party and even ideological lines to ensure a progressive agenda is at the heart of Atlasia.

Thank you and Dave bless.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: December 22, 2012, 03:44:12 AM »
« Edited: December 22, 2012, 03:46:43 AM by Former President Polnut »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut wishes to make clear that his statement of 19 July 2012, in which he announces his retirement from electoral politics, stands. He has been flattered by private discussions, but he believes that we should focus on the future and who can provide fresh eyes and blood.

February will be a tough election, and President Polnut will make a decision of endorsement much closer to the time
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: January 03, 2013, 07:51:43 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut has made the decision to maintain his office here in Boston, but to shift his primary residence to his new home on Bainbridge Island, Washington.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #347 on: January 03, 2013, 07:33:25 PM »

Sad
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: January 22, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut will be making a statement on his endorsement for president in the next few days.

But he made this statement in advance of the endorsement announcement.

"I have always put the good of the country first when making a decision as to who should lead this country. At times, this meant I disagreed with friends, former colleagues and my own party.

But after occupying that office, I feel a special responsibility to support those who want to use the office to benefit all and to continue to progress our nation and our society to a better, more open and more tolerant place.

After what has been a difficult term, I hope the next occupant of the White House looks at it as more than something to do, a title, or a note in the history books, but a trust to keep for all Atlasians"
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2013, 07:55:46 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

President Polnut released the following statement tonight, 24 January.

The responsibility I feel as a former president, means I take the decision on who I endorse for president seriously and with a degree on knowledge of what the job requires.

In coming to my conclusion, I considered a lot of different elements. The first is knowledge, the second is the ability to compromise and last the desire to see the job through.

While this election sees an abundance of genuinely good candidates, I believe only one team combines all the qualities I look for in a president and vice president. That team is Marokai/Duke. They have my full support and I will do whatever is needed from me to ensure a victory for this outstanding ticket next month.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies