Trump claims "millions of people" voted illegally. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 06:43:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump claims "millions of people" voted illegally. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump claims "millions of people" voted illegally.  (Read 4604 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 27, 2016, 11:56:21 PM »

The Republicans did not commit voter fraud.  Prove it.

To all the millions of disgruntled malcontents out there:

You lost.

Get over it.

We will begin work on the Supreme Court immediately after taking power.

Thank  you so much Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin for your invaluable support.

Because of you, we will now have a Supreme Court for a generation with justices who respect the constitution.
What if Trump's appointees to the Supreme Court turn out to be just as unreliably conservative as Sandra Day O'Connor, Anthony Kennedy, and David Souter?
Don't you realize that no President has any control over their appointees to the Court after the appointment has been made?
I used to vote Republican because I wanted the Supreme Court to be objective and render interpretations of the Constitution that were based on the original meaning of each clause. The Bush v. Gore decision proved to me that Republicans don't actually appoint people like that. This year I voted for Evan McMullin.
If Trump plans to appoint more people like Antonin Scalia, like he said he wanted, then I very much hope that the Senate rejects those nominees. IMO, Scalia was mediocre; he was not a consistently objective interpreter of the Constitution, and he certainly was no originalist. If Democrats unite in opposition to any Scalia clones, they might be able to get the votes of Senators Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and one more moderate like John Hoeven to defeat them.
On the other hand, if Trump nominates someone who is a clone of Oliver Wendell Holmes, Benjamin Cardozo, or Hugo Black, then I'll cheer along with you that Trump is going to actually improve the Supreme Court and the Constitution will be interpreted objectively and accurately. But if Trump nominates anyone like them, it would be extremely surprising to me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies