Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:12:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!! (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!  (Read 23255 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »

San Diego, California

Thank you, San Diego! I had a lovely afternoon at the beach, and met a lot of San Diegans- a lot of visitors too! I know tourism is important to this economy and after seeing just what is at stake here- the natural beauty and the successful industry your city has built upon it- I understand even more the need to make our best effort to preserve our shoreline. Using cleaner fuels and toughening standards for our ports will help keep this beach beautiful as long as we want it to. I will not be a President who ignores the environment, or lets it take a backseat to other priorities while claiming that I support it. In the Senate, I pushed for green legislation- environmental protection and conservation, and a green jobs bill with my friend Fuzzy.

Now even though the Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya wars are over, and our troops have been welcomed home, we can’t afford to ignore the security of our nation. Defense has long had a large presence in this city, and even though I will be a President who utilizes diplomacy over force, there is a lot of technology we must invest in to stay competitive globally, and San Diego is going to be a part of that. The future of defense starts here, I will work alongside the Senate and the Secretary of External Affairs to modernize our military and keep us adequately prepared.

I have enjoyed seeing what San Diego has to offer. Make sure to vote for Napoleon/Kalwejt in June 2012 for a better, safer Atlasia. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to catch this flight back to New York and take care of some Northeast business. The minimum wage increase has passed the Assembly unanimously and I intend to sign the bill.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 06:48:29 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 06:50:52 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Thank you, San Diego! I had a lovely afternoon at the beach, and met a lot of San Diegans- a lot of visitors too! I know tourism is important to this economy and after seeing just what is at stake here- the natural beauty and the successful industry your city has built upon it- I understand even more the need to make our best effort to preserve our shoreline. Using cleaner fuels and toughening standards for our ports will help keep this beach beautiful as long as we want it to. I will not be a President who ignores the environment, or lets it take a backseat to other priorities while claiming that I support it. In the Senate, I pushed for green legislation- environmental protection and conservation, and a green jobs bill with my friend Fuzzy.

Specifically, where do you stand on offshore drilling?
Thank you for the wonderful question Sam.

I oppose offshore drilling. The BP incident, especially, shows us how dangerous offshore drilling can be. Without a huge leak, we damage the environment, and harm tourism, fishing, and other industries. With a major leak, we risk permanent and severe environmental damage and economic turmoil for spill areas. The issue needs to be handled maturely, however. Atlasia has stringent regulations that can make the process safer whereas if the buck stops at a drilling ban, the oil industry will simply move into other nations. I intend to negotiate an international pact to reduce or eliminate offshore drilling. Additionally, we will continue to move forward with renewable industry (Atlasia is already far, far ahead of America here) so that our energy supply is not significantly affected. I will not sacrifice our long term prosperity for short term political gain.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »

Ideas to reinvigorate the VP position will be coming soon. I am looking at the issue very closely, taking advice from current VP Tmthforu, my campaign advisor and former VP Marokai Blue, and obviously, my running mate, former and future VP Kalwejt. It is important to me to involve people who understand the position best when moving forward with reforming the position. Kalwejt and I were major proponents of the Constitutional Amendment that allowed the VP to serve simultaneously as a Cabinet Officer. We hope to continue breathing life into a position so important yet so under-utilized.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 12:00:03 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2012, 12:03:58 AM by Governor Napoleon »

Would you support the Presidency and Vice Presidency being elected independently of one another?

You mean the "Kalwejt amendment"? I strongly oppose it. No one would run for it, like the previous Lieutenant Governor position in the Northeast where we only ever had one elected by write in (which we both have seen firsthand Wink ).

But as President, I have no say in the Constitutional Amendment process other than my personal vote, so I couldn't do anything about it either way. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »

Governor Napoleon will be speaking at a campaign rally in Anaheim, CA shortly.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »

Anaheim, California

Thank you all for coming out tonight. It is now the time, after much deliberation and analysis of the situation we are facing, for Kalwejt and I to unveil our plans for the Vice Presidency. I'm sure that much of this will come as no surprise to you all, but I feel it is important to elaborate more on what Kalwejt and I intend to do.

The Cainet Flexibility Amendment was initially proposed by your former Senator Bgwah when I, and many others included, sought to make it easier to fill Cabinet positions when participation rates were declining and important positions were left unfilled.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

My running mate, as a former Vice President with a deep understanding of the position, has made it a personal quest to restore dignity to the Vice Presidency, and I had no hesitation before deciding to join him while I served as Northeast Senator. Together, we fought to include the Vice Presidency in the Cabinet Flexibility Amendment against a coalition of naysayers. To our mutual disappointment, our effort has not seen production. This is because it has yet to be attempted. Who better to demonstrate its value than those who conceived it?

My discussions included a number of friends, advisors, and Atlasians experienced with the Vice Presidency. We looked at alternatives, including giving Senate privileges to the Vice President, but Kalwejt and I ultimately concluded that what we fought for in the Senate needs to be given a fair chance before we look at other reforms. The current Vice President has remarked to me of occasional boredom with the position; I will not shy away from allowing Kalwejt "room to roam" so to speak. I will be placing Kalwejt in my Cabinet if I am elected and giving him a chance to shine there, as he always has as Vice President or in the Cabinet.

Bringing relevance to the position does not stop there for us. The tools are in the shed, but we must learn to use them properly. Kalwejt will act as a policy advisor, Senate liason, and as a true partner in our Administration. Having an active Vice President with leadership capabilities of his own was important to me and was a factor leading up to my choice of Kalwejt as my running mate. His previous experience will benefit the position significantly as we seek to finally prove its worth, and we look forward to demonstrating these reforms if elected.

What I don't want to see the position become is something overburned with rules and regulations that dissuade others from wanting it. Since this effort is important to Kalwejt and I, I ask for you to place your confidence in us as we set out to finally answer the question of the Vice Presidency for the long term.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to speak to you all, and I hope you enjoy Kalwejt's upcoming statement as much as I expect you will.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »

Governor Napoleon's labor rally and Hollywood fundraiser will be moved to Monday the 14th to accommodate Mothers' Day. Tonight he plans to speak on the Presidency in New York City.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »

Manhattan, New York, New York

"Governor Napoleon speaks at a New York City meeting. Supporters, donors, and Northeastern elected public officials are present as he delivers his speech."

As a strong supporter of the President I share a party with, I applaud him for what has been achieved in his two terms. Since I am the Liberal Party's candidate to succeed President Polnut, many of you are curious of how a Napoleon administration would compare to Polnut's administration.

There are a few Atlasians who have been critical of Polnut's press releases and speeches. I find them to be a great way of communicating with Atlasians and directing policy, I will continue these with pride and expand on them if I see an opportunity. I want to establish this as a respected precedent for Presidents. I serve on the Game Reform Panel President Polnut campaigned on, and have worked with Vice President Tmthforu, Senator Scott, and even Whig Chairman Pingvin and I think some good ideas have come about because of it.

One idea I proposed to the Panel was to have our administration serve as an ambassador to the Forum Community to identify why so many members of our forum are not participating in Atlasia. I believe that the political persuasions of the current Administration is best fit to reach out to the entire community, and hope they act on this idea soon; if they do, and if necessary still, Kal and I intend to continue reaching out.

Polnut has had an active Administration and a well-rounded active Cabinet. I hope to maintain a Cabinet that is largely similar while finding a way to include Vice President Kalwejt. President Polnut's been active in Senate debates and helped forge compromise. My administration will work in a similar manner. I point to the current session of the Northeast Legislative Assembly as a model of how I will approach legislative debate, and Kalwejt will also be very involved with Senate debates. I will keep President Polnut's record of activity going, with perhaps a bit more of a high profile in policy input, as you would expect from me.

One of the major policy achievements has been the Labor and Liberal joint effort to establish a national broadcaster, which has come under fire from Atlasia's conservatives. While I am personally ambivalent, I firmly believe in "innocent until proven guilty" and would like to judge it after letting it establishes its positives and negatives clearly. A repeal would be counter-productive considering we haven't seen it develop.

My administration will be a degree more direct with proposing our own policies, making use of the Executive Slot for priorities, and Kalwejt, too, if the Senate makes the proper changes to procedure. As Governor, I have been making my own legislative proposals and we are working as a parliamentary legislature that respects debate, compromise, and participation. I believe this attitude can translate to the federal Senate. I believe we can have an Atlasian Renaissance. Thank you for hearing me out this late. Vote Napoleon/Kalwejt, and tell your friends, too! Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »

if you actually went to NYC my boys would rough you up

As Governor, I am in New York City most of the time so your boys will have their chances.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2012, 05:13:32 AM »

Please ask Kalwejt and me questions, if you have any. This campaign wants to see you participating too. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »

Governor Napoleon is recovering from illness and should be back to full activity soon.

"I have tried my best to keep up with my work as Governor during this time."
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2012, 10:42:31 PM »

Napoleon, how do you feel about The Equal Representation Act currently being debated in the Senate?

I disagree with it, to a slightly larger degree than my disagreement with the Clarence/Yelnoc ticket's assertion that the Senate isn't broke and doesn't need fixed. In fact, I also disagree with your statements about gerrymandering, which would make my job more fun for whoever is fortunate enough to hold it.

There are many problems with the Regional Senate seats not limited to a lack of competition and inactivity. We should evaluate possible solutions but I do not see this amendment as a solution. I encourage Atlasians to keep an open mind about those of us voicing potential solutions. Change is not always bad.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:23 PM »

I have been a regional Senator for two terms so what you say is nothing new to me. It might suffice to say that my own initial Senate victory was the last competitive regional Senate election. I would rather eliminate At Large seats for districts than regional seats. But saying "Regional seats at all costs" is very counter productive. If we moved to a four region map then the regional senate seats would still exist but in a different style.

I don't think saying "wait and things will pick up" is good enough for Atlasia, either.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2012, 11:15:45 PM »

This is a game of elections. When so many of our elections are uncompetitive, the fundamentals are certainly broken. Whether that requires institutional reform is another story but there is a problem with the game's fundamentals that has been clear for a while now.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »

Speech delivered at the Jake Matthews Memorial Bridge

Atlasia needs a leader. Atlasia needs someone with a proven record of success to lead us in to a bright future. For too long we have seen a nation of pessimism and disappointment. Atlasia cannot afford a President that sits on the sidelines. Our next President must not be part of the problem.

I ran for the position of Northeast Governor in February because I felt I was uniquely positioned to bring about necessary reforms and provide a foundation for exciting political debates and contention over regional issues that would last long after my successor’s inauguration. This has been accomplished. The Northeast, a region that once had an absentee governor and an Assembly that anyone could be elected to simply by writing one’s name on the ballot, has become a model of what regions can provide to the game. Together with a group of five diverse and active Representatives, we have debated a number of bills comparable to the Atlasian Senate, accomplished many things, had productive and informative debates, and worked together to see this region succeed regardless of party or political persuasion.

We must not take for granted this opportunity to make Atlasia a better, more active place. Kalwejt and I are both innovators, and you can trust us to help Atlasia grow and prosper. We must look forward and choose the best future. This is not your typical presidential campaign. I ask you to look at my record of accomplishment as Governor, as regional Senator, as a Constitutional reformer, and even as Northeast Representative way back when, and compare it with other candidates in this race. Atlasia needs leadership who can bring experience, ideas, and unity to the White House. Kalwejt and I will not let you down.

Thank you, and please remember to vote Napoleon/Kalwejt in June 2012!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:24 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2012, 10:35:58 PM by Governor Napoleon »

There You Go Again

We elected Oakvale to be our Senator. He abruptly resigned and claimed he was retiring. Now he is running for President. Some retirement.

Now Oakvale is claiming
We're the only independent ticket left in the race, beholden to no special interests or third parties.
But behind closed doors he is making back room deals with candidates for other offices to gain support. Independent? No. Not beholden to special interests? Certainly not.

Vote for a ticket you can trust. Napoleon/Kalwejt, two Atlasians who say what they mean, mean what they say, and simply get things done. Because Atlasia deserves better than quid pro quo.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »

I think I know why you made that just now. Wink

The People deserve to know if a ticket is employing dirty and desperate tactics. I reject the culture of corruption that I see coming from my opponent's campaign.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2012, 11:08:02 PM »

Napoleon- elected to two Senate terms- introduced bills for at least 125 pages of debate.
Oakvale- elected to three Senate terms- introduced a bill for 3 pages of debate.

This game needs a President that will increase activity and sustain that activity. Napoleon and Kalwejtare the only candidates to put forward the proposals that help keep debate and this game alive. Vote for the leadership that works. Vote Napoleon/Kalwejt in June 2012.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2012, 12:13:12 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2012, 12:17:42 AM by Governor Napoleon »

I would like to thank Senators Scott, Sbane, Seatown, Ilikeverin, Ben, Andrew Big Daddy, TJ, and North Carolina Yankee for supporting the New Atlasian National Healthcare Act I introduced as a Senator. The bill dates back to the era of the two party system. Mideast Senator MoPolitico of the RPP, and I as the Northeast's JCP Senator collaborated to try and reform a failing system. While the two of us eventually joined the same party and while we have both left the Senate, I am very pleased to see the spirit of bipartisan reform intact in the final version. With support from Senators of the Labor Party, the Liberal Party, the Whig Party, the Imperial Bloc and non-affiliates, we will finally see our healthcare reflect the reality of Atlasia's fiscal situation. The Senate debate really moved things forward with input and contribution from many Senators. Thank you.

If I have the privilege of serving as your President, I look forward to working with members of all parties to make Atlasia a better , stronger nation, just as I have at the regional level as Northeast Governor. Equally, I look forward to proposals that will provide the same quality of debate as this bill did.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 12:41:55 AM »

Thanks Jbrase! I enjoyed our time in the Senate together.

Governor Napoleon on Education

As Northeast Senator, I sponsored and passed the Student Load Protection Act, prohibiting the Bureau of Student Finance from giving loans to students at predatory for-profit universities.

I sponsored and passed the Education Expansion and Competitiveness Act, which provided funding to the regions for math and science programs, university construction, and training of educators and aids Atlasia’s ability to compete in the global marketplace now and in the future.

I voted for the Student Loan Interest Rate Fairness Act, capping interest rates on student loans at a manageable level.

I voted against the Selective Education Act, which would prohibit giving federal funds to private schools; likewise, I oppose the extreme Home and Private Schooling Tax Credit Act my opponent Senator Clarence has proposed. Since regional taxes are the primary source of funding for education, the decision to give tax credits for education costs remains with each of the five regions.

I support giving regional governments more autonomy in education within reasonable boundaries. Requiring foreign language classes may be more beneficial to students in the Pacific than in the Mideast, for example.

I support lowering tuition costs for university students. When our best and brightest enter the workforce loaded with debt, it makes it more difficult for them to start businesses or families. To accompany this, I support alternative career training programs for careers that a college education would not be essential for. This would create opportunities for more young Atlasians while also contributing to lower tuition costs.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »

Governor Napoleon on the Economy

As Senator, I voted for the Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act after working to make it more cost-effective for tax payers. I voted in favor of President Polnut’s 2011 tax cuts and will continue the path to deficit reduction, with the goal of having a balanced budget by the end of my term.

During my term as Northeast Governor I worked across party lines to pass a wage increase that received unanimous support from the Assembly. I voted to shorten the standard work week, keeping the law in line with modern technology that doesn’t require the same labor to produce as once was the case.

I support free trade to help our economy and the economies of developing nations. Atlasia must compete in the global marketplace and I want to empower our citizens to be able to do so. Along with trade agreements, I will work to negotiate environmental impact management and labor rights treaties. I will be straight forward with China that they will no longer get a free pass to disregard human rights without being reckless or dismissive.

I believe that labor groups can be an important check on corporate power and my region has the largest percentage of private sector unionization of any region at over 13%. I do not think that business and labor are fundamentally at odds and often we see the best results when the two work in harmony.

I am a firm believer in the market economy; at the same time, I support the robust safety net we have and the strong social services that Atlasia provides. I will bring this unemployment rate down, but it won’t happen if we increase the corporate tax, which will reduce jobs and pass costs on to consumers.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:44 AM »

It takes more than a President to govern a nation. To build a better future and bring about an Atlasian Renaissance, we need hard-working, open-minded Senators with their own ideas. The Regional Renaissance in the Northeast would not have been possible without the assistance I received from the Northeast Assembly. We don't always agree on everything but working together we have accomplished great things. Speaker Nix, former Governor Winfield, and Representatives PyroFox, Alfred Jones, and Simfan have all brought something unique to the table.

I have not decided who to support in the August mid-term elections at this point, but I do support Senator Scott in the Northeast, Senator Sbane in the Pacific, Senator North Carolina Yankee in the IDS, Senator Ben in the Mideast, and Senator Ilikeverin in the Midwest should he seek reelection. These races will have a strong impact on how the next four months will unfold no matter who is elected President. Remember this when voting and make sure to stay in touch with your regional Senator. Constituent advice is a regional Senator's strongest asset in doing their jobs as great as possible. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2012, 11:56:55 PM »

Thank you Dallasfan, former Vice President. Grin. We appreciate your support.

You showed a lot of courage supporting me for Senate last June despite all the pressure and I am grateful for that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »

Minneapolis, MN

Free Polish sausages and Napoleons!

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »

Everyone loves a Napoleon and a Polish! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length