NYT acquires 1995 Trump tax return; he deducted $916 million in business losses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:33:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NYT acquires 1995 Trump tax return; he deducted $916 million in business losses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT acquires 1995 Trump tax return; he deducted $916 million in business losses  (Read 14594 times)
rafta_rafta

« on: October 01, 2016, 09:07:06 PM »

Trump campaign never disputes the facts in these damaging stories, they just go on a facebook style rant to muddy the waters and hope to ride out the damaging news cycle
rafta_rafta

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »

It's just one year, he could have claimed similar losses throughout the 90s when he was having a bad run.

Those cumulative losses would have helped Trump not pay taxes for the entire post 2000 period when his business recovered
rafta_rafta

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 11:30:49 PM »

Well, Atlas just shows how much stupider it is than Trump for the umpteenth time this year. What an embarrassment of a thread.

You really need to stop this act. It's not cute, it's not clever...

I don't really understand what you are talking about as I have stated probably 150 times, I am a Donald Trump fan who has voted to him, donated for him and tried to volunteer for him (but that hasn't worked out on account of my recent schedule). There is nothing to be cute or clever about. He is the only qualified candidate.

rafta_rafta

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:55 AM »

Is the 1995 return still under audit? If not, why was it not released by Trump?

You can release tax returns even if they are under audit.

Nixon released his when he was under audit.

You know it's bad when Trump has difficulty in reaching the ethical standards set by Nixon
rafta_rafta

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:37:43 AM »

Guiliani basically admitted he doesn't pay taxes

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/782572616276140032
rafta_rafta

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »

Maybe the Trump campaign really did leak this

1. It gives him a reason for not paying taxes
2. It makes him look sympathetic ("It was leaked without my permission!")
3. His supporters don't care because they're terrible people

I don't think he did. The only reason to leak the taxes himself was if they were fake and Trump wants to pull a fast one on NYT. I doubt they'd have run the story without verifying the document though.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 11:34:42 AM »

In just about every social circle, it's a major victory not to pay tax. Anyone that uses H&R Block, Turbo Tax and every other preparer organization promises your "maximum refund" or your money back.

Local elections are won or lost based on keeping property taxes down.

No one wants to pay more in taxes, but if you do, ClintonianCake, I can get you the address to write a personal check to the IRS, just because you are well off enough to do so and I suggest that those in your social circle follow their principles and do the same thing.

That's a ridiculous argument. Yes, no one likes to pay tax and would love to pay as low a tax as possible.

However people above the poverty line still end up paying taxes because it's the law. The notion that a billionaire is able to get away with paying zero tax for decades is not going to play well voters because these avenues of claiming loss and carrying them forward are not available to every day people.

Heck, Trump has himself complained about hedge fund managers pay no taxes despite huge profits
rafta_rafta

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 07:11:53 AM »

Trump should release all of his subsequent years in taxes so we can all appreciate the full scale of his "genius"
rafta_rafta

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 05:09:12 PM »

Low energy NYTimes doesn't even have the brilliance to lose a billion dollars. SAD!
rafta_rafta

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »

Lends a lot of smoke to the theory that Marla or Tiffany Trump sent them to both papers

Marla had once threatened to scuttle his 1999 reform party nomination bid. Trump and his lawyers went after her hard legally and withheld alimony payments to keep her silent

It is likely that she is still pissed with Trump about that
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies