American citizens: where do you stand on Israel? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:53:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  American citizens: where do you stand on Israel? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: American citizens: where do you stand on Israel?
1st Choice: 2 states... 2nd Choice: Israel is Democractic... 3rd Choice: Israel is Jewish

1st Choice: 2 states... 2nd Choice: Israel is Jewish... 3rd Choice: Israel is Democratic

1st Choice: Israel is Democratic... 2nd Choice: 2 states... 3rd Choice: Israel is Jewish

1st Choice: Israel is Democratic... 2nd Choice: Israel is Jewish.. 3rd Choice: 2 states

1st Choice: Israel is Jewish... 2nd Choice: Israel is Democratic.. 3rd Choice: 2 states

1st Choice: Israel is Jewish... 2nd Choice: 2 states.. 3rd Choice: Israel is Democratic

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: American citizens: where do you stand on Israel?  (Read 5438 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: December 28, 2016, 08:50:13 PM »
« edited: December 28, 2016, 09:05:12 PM by Ronnie »

Well....I'm Palestinian-American....I think that should explain my position without triggering anyone here.

It doesn't.  Some Palestinians support a two-state solution, some support one secular state with universal franchise, and some (namely, Hamas and its sympathizers) support throwing all Jews out of Palestine.

I personally support the first option, but wouldn't mind the second insofar as the Jews and Arabs would be willing to live with each other in peace.  Otherwise, I don't think a non-democratic Jewish Israel would last very long.  The PA would eventually collapse, at which point Israel could not really pick up the pieces without massive internal and external backlash.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 09:02:31 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2016, 09:08:51 PM by Ronnie »

Arguably, Israel has been a non-democratic Jewish state for almost five decades now.

Within the Green Line, Israel is a democracy, albeit a flawed one.  If you define Israel to include the West Bank and/or Gaza, then no, it is not.  But I don't think most people define it that way yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies