CA-11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:42:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA-11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA-11  (Read 13272 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 19, 2008, 10:34:44 PM »

I think he may skate by in 2008, but he is one of those Democratic Congressman that is probably secretly hoping McCain wins so 2010 wont be a bad midterm year where he would likely lose. 

The problem with this is that whomever assumes the Presidency in January 2009 will be "fortunate" enough to inherit a terrible, 1982-esque economic situation that will likely be either resolved or in the process of being resolved by November 2010.

I don't think there's going to be a whole heck of a lot of benefit to being the party opposing the president in 2010.  It may be more of a neutral 1990-esque environment.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 02:47:41 AM »

I think he may skate by in 2008, but he is one of those Democratic Congressman that is probably secretly hoping McCain wins so 2010 wont be a bad midterm year where he would likely lose. 

The problem with this is that whomever assumes the Presidency in January 2009 will be "fortunate" enough to inherit a terrible, 1982-esque economic situation that will likely be either resolved or in the process of being resolved by November 2010.

I don't think there's going to be a whole heck of a lot of benefit to being the party opposing the president in 2010.  It may be more of a neutral 1990-esque environment.

1990 was actually a fairly Democratic year.  The only reason why Democrats picked up only eight seats in the House that year was because they already had 260 seats, leaving almost no more seats for them to pick up from Republicans. 

And Democrats aren't going to be overloaded with vulnerable seats going in to 2010?  Especially if 2008 is decent enough so that people like McNerney scrounge their way to a second term?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies