Office of Northeast Member of Assembly Senator Libertas! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:07:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast Member of Assembly Senator Libertas! (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Member of Assembly Senator Libertas!  (Read 17861 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 07:48:26 PM »

Endorsed

I would say, there is no policy based on votes.

There is a policy based on "conducting Senate business" atleast once in a 21 day period to avoid losing your seat. That can be a vote, but also mere debate, questioning or what have you also. There is no official policy based on votes but there may be a tradition of grading a Senators service on votes cast versus those not cast, but that is just that, a tradition or precedent.

I do have a question, why did you vote Nay on the Make PS Happy Amendment? Was it because you don't beleive in the standard based on what you said in your previosu post about "basing it on votes" or something else?

I did not see any reason that would make that amendment necessary. PS himself opposed it.

Endorsed from the IDS, for whatever it's worth in your campaign.

Hope you hold on, Senator. After Dallasfan's loss, it's starting to become clear to me what Atlasia - or perhaps more accurately, the JCP machine - thinks of people who are pro-liberty.

Thank you, yes, the regime seems to be getting more and more brazen these days. Every branch of government is falling under the control of this monstrous political machine. They are willing to tear everything else down if it means more political power for themselves.

Atlasia v. Antonio V has really sent out a shockwave, letting us know we cannot trust the system at all. One priority I definitely see going forward: we need elected judges who serve for finite terms and are accountable to the people. No more unelected, unaccountable bureaucratic dictators barking orders from the bench on behalf of corrupt political machines.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2015, 09:30:51 PM by Senator Libertas »

Although I am no longer a Member of the Atlasian Senate, this office is officially re-opened during my time as a private citizen, having served two terms in the Senate along with a term as Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast and serving multiple terms in the Northeastern Assembly.

I am still proud of my electoral record achieving first place in the August 2010 Senator-at-large elections being declared elected on only the second count.

I am also proud of my record in the Senate. Despite my "libertarian" trolling on the rest of the forum, my signature piece of legislation signed into law establishing new corporate taxes, the Break the Chains Act, remains a source of pride for me. I was attacked by both conservatives and liberals for proposing tax rates perceived as too onerous for chain store corporations reaping billions in profits while destroying small towns and their mom and pop businesses; ultimately the tax hikes I proposed were lowered to compromise with both the liberal and conservative parties at the time. However that bill both generated revenue by taxing super-wealthy and super-profitable corporations and created disincentives for corporations like WalMart to continue to expand and destroy local economies and the unique characters of towns and cities across Atlasia. The bill also provided tax credits to small businesses, funded by the corporate taxes, to enable them to compete against big business.

I am also proud of my record as a crusader for peace over war. I am proud to have founded the Peace Caucus, even if it is no long existent. I am proud to have sponsored the Ludlow Amendment, which would have severely restricted the State's aggressive war powers, even if it was defeated by a coalition of conservative and liberal warmongers. The national referendum results on that amendment actually surprised me in how close we came to severely restricting the federal government's authority to engage in aggressive war without the consent of the people of Atlasia.

I intend to be very actively involved in Atlasia now that I have returned.

Things have changed in Atlasia. To my knowledge Kyle Mercado of Bakersfield, California is no longer an influence to any degree (though who knows who is behind the keyboard of some posters here).

The Populares, the party I co-founded with DallasFan65 and others, and once dominated the Northeast, is defunct.

My overall political outlook and agenda have shifted dramatically over the past 4 years and I look forward to service and participation as a member of the Labor Party.

And to all those who came into my old office to defecate and urinate, celebrating my demise in 2010 in this thread with rude and childish insults, I forgive you. Tongue
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 11:25:04 PM »

Given our massive political differences I'm not sure if I can endorse you, but good luck. Smiley

I doubt you'll need my vote to win anyway. Tongue

Endorsed. We don't agree on, uh, anything, really, but debate's a good thing.

Oh my....the days before oakvale developed his pathological personal hatred for me based on absolutely nothing. I was banned in December 2010- less than a month later- and somehow oakvale decided I was Satan in the meantime and is now the angriest person gnashing his teeth over my return to Atlas.

Let me thank you again for that endorsement, my former dear friend and comrade oakvale. Smiley
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 01:24:08 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2015, 01:28:55 PM by Senator Libertas »

Recently I have been appointed by Governor Sawx (TPP) to the fill a vacancy in the Northeast Assembly. I thank the governor for the appointment and display of bipartisan goodwill, and re-iterate my own commitment to putting principle over party. The governor recognized our ideological similarities and shared agenda despite being in different parties- an agenda that is under attack in the Northeast by the authoritarian right.

The Northeast Assembly has seen an onslaught of reactionary legislation introduced by Rep. Winfield attempting to turn back the clock to the Middle Ages and undo all of the sexual and moral liberation achieved by legislation proposed by DallasFan65. Today I proudly cast a NAY vote on an attempt to repeal the Same Love Act; I believe the Northeast must continue to serve as a beacon of sexual liberation for all other regions to model themselves after.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 08:05:27 PM »

I have declared my candidacy in the special election to retain the seat Governor Sawx appointed me to, and be elected to a term in the Northeast Assembly.

The special election begins at midnight tonight.

As the sole but proud member of the Labor Party in the Northeast Assembly, I will continue to stand up for the Labor Party and its values.

However during my brief time I have worked across the aisle with my TPP colleagues Matt from VT and SirNick to halt an onslaught of regressive legislation seeking to repeal all of the progress made in the Northeast in recent times, and preserve the agenda of TPP Governor Sawx, who crossed party lines to appoint me in the first place.

Many of the bills they were trying to repeal were sponsored by my good friend DallasFan65, of the Democratic-Republicans.

If elected, I intend to continue to serve as a brick wall against all of these regressive pieces of legislation, to preserve the shared agenda of Labor, TPP, and DRs in the Northeast, maintaining our region's status as a beacon of liberty and liberation from oppression of all sorts.

Once the advocates of turning back the clock realize that proposing to repeal settled progressive legislation is a futile prospect, I look forward to working with all of my colleagues, including Federalists, toward advancing the region forward in a way that reflects the free spirit of the Northeast.

Therefore I ask the citizens of the Northeast to support my election to maintain my seat in the Northeast Assembly.

Thank You.

Sincerely,
Libertas
Member of Assembly

Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 09:11:26 PM »

Thank you....but I miss you in the Northeast! Cry
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »

Thank you for the vitriolic attacks upon me in my own office, Rep. Winfield. They sure were effective in turning voters against me and getting me booted from the Assembly....oh wait....

As Chief Judicial Officer, I hereby declare that the total number of votes cast in the election for each candidates was as follows:

Libertas- 12
Exhausted- 2

Therefore, Libertas is duly elected as a Representative in the Northeast Assembly.

x Talleyrand
January 12, 2015

It is my honor to have received the blessings and endorsement of the people of the Northeast to represent and serve them in the Assembly. Despite running unopposed, if voter turnout were low enough, my opponents might have launched a write-in campaign to take me out and prove I could not win an election with my 'controversial' past. However this was proven entirely wrong, as I enjoyed a near-unanimous turnout of support in a special election I expected to generate little enthusiasm and very low turnout. I thank the people of the Northeast for the granting me the privilege of representing them via our democratic process.

As for the "attack ad" Winfield posted in my own office apparently hoping to see me defeated, I fully stand by all of his alleged "scare quotes" he attributed to me and will continue to defend our citizens' personal freedoms that are under attack in the Assembly by radical authoritarians like Rep. Winfield. Together with my colleague Matt from VT and Governor Sawx, we have killed bill after bill proposed by Winfield attempting to turn back the clock and repeal settled legislation that moved our region forward in terms of human social freedom. Hopefully we will soon be done killing off every last one of Winfield's "repeal, repeal, repeal" agenda bills so that we can start looking toward the future and what we can do to address the real problems that still plague some of our citizens and actually improve quality of life in our beautiful region.

Sincerely,
Libertas
Member of Assembly
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 06:00:47 PM »

Thank you for those very touching remarks Mr. Libertas. 

Congratulations on your election to the Assembly.

Unlike politicians, however, scientific proof does not lie.

None of the scientific proof as to the harmful effects of the legislation in question has been refuted by any member of the Northeast Assembly or by the Governor.  This scientific proof remains factual regardless of any vote in any Assembly anywhere in the world.

This is not the place to debate specific pieces of legislation. However, for the record, you presented no "scientific proof" as to the harmful effects of all the legislation you have tried to repeal (which is still clogging up our legislative process). That is a lie. So you are right politicians do lie, take a look in the mirror, Rep. Winfield.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 10:46:58 PM »

As I stated in their respective threads, I have issued endorsements in the upcoming elections for the Northeast Senate and for the Presidency of Atlasia.

I believe the best candidate to succeed Senator Bore as our regional representative in the Senate is Talleyrand. As our governor, he had a very impressive record of moving our region forward, and I believe he is the best candidate to fill the position of Senator from the Northeast.

For the presidency I am endorsing Senator Bore, from right here in the Northeast, whom I believe shares my values as a Laborite and will lead our great nation to even greater heights. Likewise, having had the honor of serving with him in the Atlasian Senate, my endorsement for Vice President goes to Bore's running mate, a true veteran of Atlasia, Bacon King. The Bore/Bacon King ticket will receive my support.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies