Reunification of the Southeast Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:30:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Reunification of the Southeast Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reunification of the Southeast Bill  (Read 8530 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: August 01, 2005, 08:51:48 PM »

I'm going to need a very good reason to support this, and the fact that Virginia was part of the Confederacy is not a very good reason to support this.

Yes same here. For now I am against this unless their is some good, non-historical non-Confederate oriented, reason for this to happen. I personally think that this is nothing more than the first step in the Dixie Unionist/Nullificationist agenda of uniting the old Confederacy into one giant region. If this is not the case and it was put forward to provide for something else, ie a resident of Virginia had petition Senator Sam Spade for a change in districts, I will be more inclined to vote in the affirmative.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 04:55:31 PM »

There are 8 people from Virginia. So far it's 3-1 but Umengus, nickshepDEM, Ben and thefactor(Beet) haven't said anything yet.

To my knowledge nickshepDEM and thefactor are actually from Maryland -in real life.  As for Umengus, he is a foreign transplant who doesn't actually live here.

So there are actually five forum members who live in Virginia-

myself, Ben, AuH2O, A18 (Philip), and MHS2002.     

Are you seriously saying that we deny citizens inalienable rights just because they don't live in that state in real life? Why should it matter if they are real life Virginians or not we are not in America we are in Atlasia and you should get that through you thick skull. Would you be willing to, in real life, not be allowed to vote in state elections because you were not born in that state? This is pure idiocy of the highest kind. This smells of fascism and unconstitutionality. Why should AuH20 get a vote when he is not even a registered voter while registered voters like Umengus and nickshepDEM are being denied their right as Atlasian citizens? This is an outrage and it's intent, by this backer of the said bill, is nothing more than tomake the vote easier for the pro-Southeasterns to win while disregarding the rights and the votes of other Virginians. I know that almost all of the supporters of this bill would like it to be carried out, if passed, in a civil, lawful and orderly manner but comments like this are nothing more than discrimination against other Atlasians in order for your agenda to be more easily implemented. I am sorry if I offended any of the supporters of this bill, many of whom I regard in the highest manner, but I feel that this is nothing more than one citizen suggesting that the rights of another citizen should be taken away which is something I just cannot stand for.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 06:20:10 PM »

There are 8 people from Virginia. So far it's 3-1 but Umengus, nickshepDEM, Ben and thefactor(Beet) haven't said anything yet.

To my knowledge nickshepDEM and thefactor are actually from Maryland -in real life.  As for Umengus, he is a foreign transplant who doesn't actually live here.

So there are actually five forum members who live in Virginia-

myself, Ben, AuH2O, A18 (Philip), and MHS2002.     

Are you seriously saying that we deny citizens inalienable rights just because they don't live in that state in real life? Why should it matter if they are real life Virginians or not we are not in America we are in Atlasia and you should get that through you thick skull. Would you be willing to, in real life, not be allowed to vote in state elections because you were not born in that state? This is pure idiocy of the highest kind. This smells of fascism and unconstitutionality. Why should AuH20 get a vote when he is not even a registered voter while registered voters like Umengus and nickshepDEM are being denied their right as Atlasian citizens? This is an outrage and it's intent, by this backer of the said bill, is nothing more than tomake the vote easier for the pro-Southeasterns to win while disregarding the rights and the votes of other Virginians. I know that almost all of the supporters of this bill would like it to be carried out, if passed, in a civil, lawful and orderly manner but comments like this are nothing more than discrimination against other Atlasians in order for your agenda to be more easily implemented. I am sorry if I offended any of the supporters of this bill, many of whom I regard in the highest manner, but I feel that this is nothing more than one citizen suggesting that the rights of another citizen should be taken away which is something I just cannot stand for.

I'm looking through Frodo's posts, and I don't see where he wants to deny those registered in Virginia the right to vote in any election that would involve Virginia switching regions. Perhaps you  should read the post before going postal on his ass.

I was told by another Senator through IM that he was saying that only native Virginians be allowed to vote. I, being the idiot that I am, didn't read through the post thoroughly before posting it. So I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Although I do reserve the right to go postal on anybodies ass whenever I feel like it. Tongue
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 07:49:50 PM »

Aye
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea