NJ-SEN: Lautenberg, with universal name rec, a goner against Booker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:34:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-SEN: Lautenberg, with universal name rec, a goner against Booker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-SEN: Lautenberg, with universal name rec, a goner against Booker  (Read 4422 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: January 11, 2013, 09:41:06 PM »

Lautenberg is probably the most passionate supporter of Amtrak we have in Congress today, and has been great on pretty much every other issue, too.

I'm aware that Booker is popular, that he would win a primary (and the general) easily, and that in the abstract it's probably better to have someone young move up, to replenish the bench and make sure we don't get stuck in a Scott Brown situation yadda yadda.  But Lautenberg is special, and losing him would be a pretty huge blow against a sane transportation policy in America.  I can't be happy about this, lonely as that sentiment may be.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 12:03:17 AM »

You know, I do think it's fairly incredible that a state's senior senator can just be marginalised like this. I like Booker, but I think Lautenberg has served New Jersey for too long to be treated this way. It does seem he's lost all his allies though. If I were him, I'd stand my ground and make a show of things. Heck, I'd consider running as an independent or even a Republican. Yet again, I, as myself, would still vote for Booker.

Lautenberg is probably the most passionate supporter of Amtrak we have in Congress today, and has been great on pretty much every other issue, too.

Is he? Fat lot of good he's done.

He's faced a lot of headwind, especially recently.

FWIW, I'm not normally a huge fan of naming things after living politicians, but I make an exception for Secaucus Junction, which is named after, and only exists due to the good work of, Senator Lautenberg.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies