OLD: Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act (See new thread: Reference Only)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:09:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  OLD: Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act (See new thread: Reference Only)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Author Topic: OLD: Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act (See new thread: Reference Only)  (Read 38737 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2011, 02:21:55 PM »

I am going to start posting pictures of Ohio's greatest Governor ever very soon. Evil Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2011, 07:53:02 AM »

I am going to start posting pictures of Ohio's greatest Governor ever very soon. Evil Tongue

You can post pictures of Dick Celeste anytime you want. Tongue And working on it now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2011, 01:35:36 PM »

You can post pictures of Dick Celeste anytime you want. Tongue And working on it now.

You don't deserve Celeste, you deserve Kasich and Kasich is what ye shall have. Evil
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2011, 10:31:36 AM »

Operating under the assumption that the last Section re: limitation of taxation will not kick in---as financing of this bill's provisions will not occur otherwise---The GM's Office anticipates this bill will cost upwards of $70-$110 billion annually. The employer's share of payroll taxes will increase slightly from current levels. Individual employee income tax levels will increase from approximately 7.65% to 12.3%.

Whether this increased tax levels will be satisfactory, estimates range from "probably close" to "dubious", but at any rate is not expected to fall that short from financing (perhaps in the low double digit billions at worse).

Part of the uncertainty stems from the application of the indemnities for those injured and killed in accidents, and how it will affect overall insurance rates or the litigation system. Even resolving those matters, however, this bill will still cost at least towards the lower level of these estimates, and even then the increased taxation is uncertain to cover all costs.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2011, 04:02:58 PM »

Interesting.

People better start posting reflections on this info, or don't think it'll just be Kasich, ye shall have to face. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2011, 07:33:55 AM »

You don't deserve Celeste, you deserve Kasich and Kasich is what ye shall have. Evil

"Deserve"? Hell, don't blame me! Angry I voted (and phonebanked) for Strickland. I'm not one of the million or so Ohioans with buyers remorse.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2011, 07:45:36 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2011, 07:46:41 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2011, 07:49:04 AM by Most left-wing Senator of Atlasia »

...have enough already, Badger?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »

"Deserve"? Hell, don't blame me! Angry I voted (and phonebanked) for Strickland. I'm not one of the million or so Ohioans with buyers remorse.
Who said anything about blame. I like Kasich, even more so now that he pisses you and Marokai off every single day. Just knowing that you two will be living with that for 8 years, makes me feel warm inside. Tongue

Just skip to the part where he wins reelection and get it over with. You might as well take all the pain at once. Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2011, 07:33:48 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2011, 10:57:48 PM by senator shua »

By increasing payroll taxes, this will be increasing lower income citizens federal taxes by over 50%.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2011, 04:03:58 AM »

Operating under the assumption that the last Section re: limitation of taxation will not kick in---as financing of this bill's provisions will not occur otherwise---The GM's Office anticipates this bill will cost upwards of $70-$110 billion annually. The employer's share of payroll taxes will increase slightly from current levels. Individual employee income tax levels will increase from approximately 7.65% to 12.3%.

Whether this increased tax levels will be satisfactory, estimates range from "probably close" to "dubious", but at any rate is not expected to fall that short from financing (perhaps in the low double digit billions at worse).

Part of the uncertainty stems from the application of the indemnities for those injured and killed in accidents, and how it will affect overall insurance rates or the litigation system. Even resolving those matters, however, this bill will still cost at least towards the lower level of these estimates, and even then the increased taxation is uncertain to cover all costs.

Have you tried to assess the impact of each form of possible taxation ? Which would raise more revenue, and which would hurt the economy the most, etc... I'm sorry to ask you that but my knowledge in economics is quite limited on this domain. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »

Under request of our soon-to-be SoIA, here's an amendment setting the number of members for the Superior council.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BTW, as the PPT has cahnged since the introduction of this bill, the last two Amendments (the one about the time to reach workplace and one clarifying the repeal of previously established taxes) weren't added to the bill.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2011, 01:45:29 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2011, 01:47:01 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2011, 01:48:33 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »

I just realized I can't put these amendments in. I can't select just what I want for copy and pasting with this crazy scrolling issues that started a few weeks ago. I go to highlight what I want and it grabs half the page.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2011, 04:50:38 PM »

Eh, that sucks... Tongue

Ok, I'll do that later. Thank you for your dedication. Wink
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2011, 04:51:48 PM »

I'm wondering what the basis is for the child allowance figures. Do costs steadily increase as a child gets older? From my understanding the larger factors are local cost of living and less costs with each additional child.  Also there is an incentive in this section for parents to not share a household which could be real if there are multiple children, plus an effective cost to people in this from moving from just below to just above the threshold of the third and sixth tax brackets.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »

I just realized I can't put these amendments in. I can't select just what I want for copy and pasting with this crazy scrolling issues that started a few weeks ago. I go to highlight what I want and it grabs half the page.
That happened to me too.  It's a bug with Internet Explorer.  Try using Google Chrome; it fixed it for me.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2011, 02:34:55 AM »

I'm wondering what the basis is for the child allowance figures. Do costs steadily increase as a child gets older? From my understanding the larger factors are local cost of living and less costs with each additional child.  Also there is an incentive in this section for parents to not share a household which could be real if there are multiple children, plus an effective cost to people in this from moving from just below to just above the threshold of the third and sixth tax brackets.

I assumed that, as a child gets older, his needs in terms of aliments, clothing, school material, get higher. I don't know if we have studies about that to work on, but I might be wrong of course. The costs by child might not be strictly proportional, but overall I think it's the less unfair way to calculate it. If we set decreasing allowances, there is always a risk that having one more child seriously lowers your standard of living.
Of course there is an incentive to separated household, but I think it is essential to provide some help to parents who raise their child alone. Those are usually people with very low incomes and who have the most difficulties to raise their child, and deserve more help than traditional households. I really don't know how to prevent this kind of incentive, but higher allowances for isolated parents are very important to me.
Also, you're right about the possible consequences of very strong changes in allowances when you go above a certain threshold. Maybe should we set more gradual changes, like 100% -> 83% -> 67% -> 50% -> 33% -> 17% -> 0% or something like that ?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2011, 07:04:52 PM »

That happened to me too.  It's a bug with Internet Explorer.  Try using Google Chrome; it fixed it for me.

I tried switching browsers early last year when Youtube stopped working at one point. I couldn't get the new one to work at all. So I deleted it and redownlowded a copy of IE 8 and it fixed the problem.

This scrolling issue started when I installed AOL 9.5 four weeks ago because AOL Security Edition had grown unstable. Now 9.5 has the same problems Secruity Edition had only now I have this scrolling issue to go with it.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »

I tried switching browsers early last year when Youtube stopped working at one point. I couldn't get the new one to work at all. So I deleted it and redownlowded a copy of IE 8 and it fixed the problem.

This scrolling issue started when I installed AOL 9.5 four weeks ago because AOL Security Edition had grown unstable. Now 9.5 has the same problems Secruity Edition had only now I have this scrolling issue to go with it.
Was Google Chrome the browser you switched to?  I don't have AOL so I can't help you there though because I have had the scrolling I am thinking that is an issue with Internet Explorer.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2011, 11:35:20 PM »

That happened to me too.  It's a bug with Internet Explorer.  Try using Google Chrome; it fixed it for me.

Was Google Chrome the browser you switched to?  I don't have AOL so I can't help you there though because I have had the scrolling I am thinking that is an issue with Internet Explorer.

It was Firefox

The scrolling issue didn't start till I upgraded AOL. IT may have changed a setting in IE.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »

Who said anything about blame. I like Kasich, even more so now that he pisses you and Marokai off every single day. Just knowing that you two will be living with that for 8 4 years, makes me feel warm inside. Tongue

Corrected.

And go to hell, Kal. Or else I'll start posting photos of some right wing Polish pol (just as soon as I care enough to learn about Polish politics Grin).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies