Official NH Primary Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:46:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Official NH Primary Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official NH Primary Results Thread  (Read 44921 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: January 10, 2012, 07:53:36 PM »

Romney is performing roughly 3%-4% better than 2008 so far in Manchester and Chester, which suggests a 35%-36% showing, depending on turnout, and well, other sections of the state.  Tongue
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »

I understand, I'm just running Romney numbers against towns.  Chester was 3.5% better than 2008.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:09:06 PM »

Romney is performing roughly 3%-4% better than 2008 so far in Manchester and Chester, which suggests a 35%-36% showing, depending on turnout, and well, other sections of the state.  Tongue

Manchester and Chester will both be about 3.5%, but upstate is a tad better (though so few people), so probably closer to 36%.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »

For me, Romney under 40% is a failure. Approaching 35%, like he is, is most amusing.

I was expecting it to be mid 30's.

why, o sage?  other than the fact that nh voters are unpredictable.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 08:17:43 PM »

Huntsman staffers according to CNN: If Huntsman finishes 3rd, any talk of a withdrawal is bullsh**t.

So, he can go SC and try to see if he can beat out Stephen Colbert?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 08:25:13 PM »

Quite frankly, this Romney showing is close to being a disaster, as I term disasters (under 35%, within 10 points of opponent), though who knows how the media will portray it.

As always, the GOP nomination is never over until SC.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 08:40:25 PM »

I'm surprised how bad Perry did and how well Paul is doing.

Maybe you should look at the polls then.

But obviously Perry was supposed to get 8%, even though over 10 consecutive polls ALL had him at 1%.

I was looking for a shift to the conservative candidates by the undecided.  I'm surprised that the benefactor was Paul.

Of the top three GOP winners tonight, none are on the extreme right.

In other words, it's basically the old NH dog-and-pony show.  The undecideds looked at the polls and, in typical NH fashion, decided they wanted the opposite of everyone else, saw that Paul was strongest in the polls and voted for him.

There are many people, myself included, who think Paul is far to the right of the other candidates, but that's not really important.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »

BTW... how does Romney do all of that AND boost the size and scope of the military?

The military doesn't count. You should know that.

Also everyone knows that the Republicans will immediately stop caring about deficits once they retake the White House.

Everyone will have to start caring about deficits in the next few years.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:51:08 PM »

I wonder who the 37 Cain supporters are.

Former mistresses?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »

It's a sad day for America when only one Protestant polls above 1% in a Republican primary.
Ron Paul isn't protestant? I thought he was Baptist.

Precisely. ONE Protestant is polling over 1%. That ONE person is Ron Paul.

Does it really matter? Plus Mormons are pretty much Protestants. I'm not sure how else you would characterize them. Christian-Other?

They are not Christians, period.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:00:50 PM »

Seeing more of a 37% number, as Romney is outperforming later results by more like a 5%-7% margin from 2008.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »

I'm surprised how bad Perry did and how well Paul is doing.

Maybe you should look at the polls then.

But obviously Perry was supposed to get 8%, even though over 10 consecutive polls ALL had him at 1%.

I was looking for a shift to the conservative candidates by the undecided.  I'm surprised that the benefactor was Paul.

Of the top three GOP winners tonight, none are on the extreme right.

In other words, it's basically the old NH dog-and-pony show.  The undecideds looked at the polls and, in typical NH fashion, decided they wanted the opposite of everyone else, saw that Paul was strongest in the polls and voted for him.

There are many people, myself included, who think Paul is far to the right of the other candidates, but that's not really important.

No, Paul didn't win.  Sorry, but Paul is libertarian, not a classic right winger.

If Romney wins SC, it is over.

Not disagreeing on that, so long as Romney breaks through 30% nationally in a decisive manner, which would probably occur in that circumstance before someone else does likewise.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies