Opinion of Kim Davis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:28:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Kim Davis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Kim Davis
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 136

Author Topic: Opinion of Kim Davis  (Read 10309 times)
mark4444
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2016, 03:40:28 PM »

She is a BIGOT.  Nothing more.

The Bible also speaks against interracial marriage in several books, so I guess it would've been within Davis' rights to stop issuing "them people" marriage licenses too?

Then there's Leviticus.  One messed up dude.

As well as gay people being an "abomination" he also preached that eating shellfish is an abomination. Why doesn't Kim get together with all of her religious fanatic followers and get out there picketing every seafood restaurant to force them out of business? They are sinning against the Lord!

He also preached that children who disobey their parents should be put to death. If we followed the teaching of Leviticus, their would be NO CHILDREN in the world! But if you don't kill them (like Leviticus says you must do) then you're sinning against the Lord!

Kim and all these other religious fanatics need to point all those "self-righteous" fingers back at themselves and take a good look at what they do. Obviously, their prejudice has absolutely NOTHING to do with some religion, else they wouldn't be focusing their hate on GAY PEOPLE with all the other readily-available "sins" being committed all around them every day. This is because these fanatics pic n' choose the parts of the Bible that support their personal bigotry and ignore the "sins" listed in the Bible that aren't so disagreeable to them (usually the ones they're committing themselves). How typical.

Why isn't she picketing all those straight "titty bars" which are ALL AROUND HER in Kentucky?

Why not work on our country's inbred problem in the south to stop all the associated birth defects those children must endure for life???
(You're having sex with your relatives. It's a sin. Stop doing it.)

Why isn't she doing something about all the STRAIGHT couples who are NOT married and are living together, sleeping together, having sex (can you say FORNICATION?) and creating BASTARD children. It's become a totally acceptable lifestyle for straight people. Just watch any TV sitcom. These fornicators REFUSE to get married and instead commit multiple sins against the Lord on a daily basis! All the while telling me I CAN'T get married because of their religious beliefs? When they really mean only their PERSONAL beliefs? (Can you say BIGOT?)

The body is God's Holy Temple. People drink liquor which rots your liver (among other horrible things) and smoke tobacco which causes heart disease, lung disease and so many forms of cancer. Wouldn't she and all the other religious fanatics looking for a cause be better off picketing every single liquor store? As well as every retail business that sells tobacco? Their are literally THOUSANDS of retail businesses, again, ALL AROUND HER in Kentucky. People are POLLUTING and KILLING God's vessel by the thousands EVERY SINGLE DAY with these vices. Sinners! Why aren't these folks who are calling themselves real "Christians" doing anything about this???

All kidding aside, Kimmy was being paid BY ME. Why on EARTH would I PAY someone to break the law and discriminate against me?

If you can't uphold and perform the duties of your government job . . . then YOU HAVE TO GET ANOTHER JOB. We don't pay people in the country for being bigots and if religion was an acceptable excuse, EVERYONE would refuse to do ANYTHING they didn't like and blame it on violating their personal Christian relationship with God. Are you kidding? Not in my America!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2016, 05:11:49 PM »

Lean FF. I admire her bravery and believe she's a kindhearted person who is only doing this to please god, but she should just resign at this point. SSM is settled law.

We don't live in a theocracy. An elected official doing something contrary to his/her job to "please God" should not even be a thing.

HP, and the funny thing is she's an elected Democrat.

So is every single elected official in Rowan County, save the (elected!) jailer. What's your point?

Frankly, she's one of yours.  I'll bet anything that Kim Davis is a big fan of the governor, is totally cool with taxing the "rich," increasing government funds for things like education and is probably perfectly fine with regulating Wall Street.  The fact that she's an intolerant dumb*ss doesn't make her any less of a Democrat...

She's a Republican now. HAHA
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2016, 05:37:46 PM »

The worst part is that she could probably use her 15 minutes of fame and run for higher office or something. That's a terrifying thought, now isn't it?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 06:01:35 PM »

I wasn't an active poster when the whole Kim Davis stuff happened, but she is a mild FF for me. I would not have done the same if I were in her position, but I believe her behavior was caused by deeply held religious convictions and I do not believe she is a hateful person. I went to Morehead to show my solidarity to her as a fellow KY Dem because I think her treatment by the media and the state Democratic Party was disgraceful.

It may sound melodramatic to you atheists out there, but the fact is, a Christian woman was sent to jail because she refused to violate her religious beliefs. I think we all know that if this were a Muslim clerk in Massachusetts who did the same thing, the state Democratic Party would have bent over backwards to find a middle ground for them.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 06:38:35 PM »

I do realize she was sent to jail wrongfully, she shouldn't have gone to jail, but that doesn't make her a FF.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 07:02:56 PM »

It may sound melodramatic to you atheists out there, but the fact is, a Christian woman was sent to jail because she refused to violate her religious beliefs.
Well, she obviously has every right to her beliefs, but that's not really the point of contention here. Davis was not an innocent bystander who was arrested for voicing a contrary opinion; she volunteered for a job handing out marriage licenses and then refused to do part of that job. Public servants are legally bound to uphold all of the laws, not just the ones they like; if she was unable to reconcile her responsibilities as a county clerk with her faith, she should have resigned. That goes for hypothetical Muslims in Massachusetts as well.
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 09:19:21 PM »

If she didn't want to do her job she should have resigned.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2016, 03:44:29 PM »

She wasn't jailed for her religious beliefs. She was jailed for refusing to do her job.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2016, 04:01:42 PM »

Massive HP.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2016, 05:13:46 PM »

Lean FF. I admire her bravery and believe she's a kindhearted person who is only doing this to please god, but she should just resign at this point. SSM is settled law.

We don't live in a theocracy. An elected official doing something contrary to his/her job to "please God" should not even be a thing.

So is every single elected official in Rowan County, save the (elected!) jailer. What's your point?

Frankly, she's one of yours.  I'll bet anything that Kim Davis is a big fan of the governor, is totally cool with taxing the "rich," increasing government funds for things like education and is probably perfectly fine with regulating Wall Street.  The fact that she's an intolerant dumb*ss doesn't make her any less of a Democrat...

I'm sure when she was a Democrat, you refused to let her association with your party affect your image of yourself or your party at all ... Why should we behave any differently?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2016, 05:23:49 PM »

I'm sure when she was a Democrat, you refused to let her association with your party affect your image of yourself or your party at all ... Why should we behave any differently?

Probably because the vast majority of those like her are now solid Republican voters, regardless of party registration.

Take it from Kim herself!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies