Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:29:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag  (Read 9582 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: September 29, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »

I do acknowledge that non-combatants have been killed? Obviously it's bad that innocent people are killed in drone attacks. But innocent people always die in wars, this is not some new thing that Obama has started. Every president has given orders that have led to the deaths of innocent people. But compared to his predecessor, Obama's method of fighting terrorist groups results in significantly fewer civilian casualties.

^ Basically this.

It's not like I (or anyone else defending drone strikes) is happy that civilians are being killed - of course we're not, not being sociopaths. But I don't think there's a better option out of the set of really bad ones that the United States has on this issue, and it's pretty much beyond dispute that drone strikes have been instrumental in decimating Al-Qaeda.

Posts like this don't exactly help the case, either -

I wasn't talking about bin Laden, I was talking about people like al-Aulaqi, who was senselessly murdered for doing things that threaten the security of this country like having a blog and a Facebook and making YouTube videos.

Please. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies