Poster boys for white privilege lie and denigrate Brazil (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:27:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poster boys for white privilege lie and denigrate Brazil (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poster boys for white privilege lie and denigrate Brazil  (Read 2783 times)
Pandaguineapig
United States

« on: August 19, 2016, 09:38:14 AM »
« edited: August 19, 2016, 09:49:34 AM by Pandaguineapig »

This was pretty stupid for them to do and probably will ruin their athletic careers, but let's not pretend that Rio isn't probably the worst place in the world the Olympics could be held at right now besides Syria or the Congo
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:59:33 AM »

Yes, because Brazil is a corruption-free haven with unimpeachable due process standards. Roll Eyes

They were held for 24 hrs and were let go after making a donation to a children's charity.  Ooohhh... big scary brown people justice!!!

Wow these aholes sh-t all over a wonderful host country and the reaction is to pile on even more BS.

You have to wonder how many of my fellow Americans were congealed in the same cesspool that breed Lochte.
These athletes are scrum but no need to pretend the country does not have a disease, crime, or corruption problem
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:21:00 AM »

Has the OP actually denied that Brazil has problems? because it seems to me that a lot of people on this thread are imagining it.

I mean, what does the country having crime has to do with this people making a mess and making a completely false story? Of course, crime, as in lots of other Latin American countries is a highly media inflated problem, especially for foreigners. Brazil already has a lot of bad press with stuff that actually happens, adding to it with lies is pretty awful.

And lol at the guy saying that only Syria and Congo are worst places to host olympic games. I would normally take the comment as an hyperbolic joke, but it's guineapig we are talking about, so it's probably a serious post
Its hyperbole but I think it's fair to say that rio would not have been given the Olympics had the committee known about the problems the country would be facing right now but alas hindsight is 20/20
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies