Poster boys for white privilege lie and denigrate Brazil (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:50:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poster boys for white privilege lie and denigrate Brazil (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poster boys for white privilege lie and denigrate Brazil  (Read 2780 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: August 18, 2016, 04:40:08 PM »

The Olympics are lame. Leave them there to send a message, half of these athletes think the games are a state sponsored vacation judging by the village stories I hear every four years.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 05:49:19 PM »

I'm quite serious about this proposal: leave them there. Let them get rammed by Brazil's system, corrupt or not. The Olympics are just a large, slick, glitzy handful of candy that the internationalists who worship the fading world order use as an example to demonize so called "isolationists" like me. I don't see how the Olympics warrant our tax dollars covering the costs of getting American athletes out of trouble, etc. The Olympic Opening Ceremony year after year becomes more of a propaganda show than the other. 

On another note, I do approve of the fact that Team USA is not covered by the taxpayers. I wasn't aware of that until tonight. Now is the time to tighten the purse string even more and send a message that it truly isn't a pressing concern.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 05:55:25 PM »

If anybody is wondering what the global stereotype of young male Americans visiting other countries might be like... this is precisely it.

Honestly preferable to the other stereotype of "selflessness" in the form of a vacation to an African village tbh. The lack of self-awareness could be worse.

Who do you personally know that is taking so many "vacations" to African villages that it's become a global stereotype that you lay awake at night worrying about?

I really need to get out more.
I know a large ground of kids from my High School who go to Mexico every year with a local megachurch and all I see is selfies of them at the beach, pictures with poor children, and group photos in front of the single house that they didn't really build anyway.

This same group of friends (about eight of them, mostly athletes on the basketball, baseball, and girls volleyball team) actually resulted in my Senior classes end of the year trip options being limited to a few Christian "retreats" in Tennessee because of their often obnoxious behavior.

So yeah, these things are happening. I'll puke if I see another "I left my heart in Mexico" instagram post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 06:00:07 PM »

I'm quite serious about this proposal: leave them there. Let them get rammed by Brazil's system, corrupt or not. The Olympics are just a large, slick, glitzy handful of candy that the internationalists who worship the fading world order use as an example to demonize so called "isolationists" like me. I don't see how the Olympics warrant our tax dollars covering the costs of getting American athletes out of trouble, etc. The Olympic Opening Ceremony year after year becomes more of a propaganda show than the other. 

On another note, I do approve of the fact that Team USA is not covered by the taxpayers. I wasn't aware of that until tonight. Now is the time to tighten the purse string even more and send a message that it truly isn't a pressing concern.

Are you unaware of how consular protection works and that American citizens are entitled to it?
I am plenty aware. I'd just like to see some bureaucratic entanglement and delay tactics used. You can make a point with a whisper rather than a scream. Which is exactly the same logic that the Syrian air force used today when their jets came very close to US special forces today.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 07:38:31 PM »

Are you unaware of how consular protection works and that American citizens are entitled to it?
I am plenty aware. I'd just like to see some bureaucratic entanglement and delay tactics used. You can make a point with a whisper rather than a scream. Which is exactly the same logic that the Syrian air force used today when their jets came very close to US special forces today.

Sounds like a wonderful way to decimate the 2018/2020 Olympic teams due to lack of trust in the US Gov.
And I'm supposed to care about them? There are people down the street from me in Frenchtown going hungry tonight, the border is undefended, bridges are rotting, our nuclear weapons are still powered by 1960s era launching technology, but yes, we need to fund team USA so some silver haired overgrown frat boy can piss on a gas station.

So State Department officials should deliberately not do their jobs  (or at the very least, not do them well) because "internationalists?" (((internationalists)))
I resent the implication you are making there, but yes, instead of losing Hillary's emails, it'd be nice if the State Department could lose this guys replacement passport or something.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies