How masculine/feminine do you rate yourself?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 04:36:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How masculine/feminine do you rate yourself?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: -
0 (Under 30)

1 (U30)

2 (U30)

3 (U30)

4 (U30)

5 (U30)

6 (U30)

0 (30+)

1 (30+)

2 (30+)

3 (30+)

4 (30+)

5 (30+)

6 (30+)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: How masculine/feminine do you rate yourself?  (Read 7585 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 01:15:21 PM »

Also, looking at the chart gives me a lot of hope for the future generations. Whatever flaws Millennials may have, they are by and large better than their predecessors.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 01:29:10 PM »

Also, looking at the chart gives me a lot of hope for the future generations. Whatever flaws Millennials may have, they are by and large better than their predecessors.

America still has a long way to go :/
You are quite lucky in one sense as I'm sure mainland Europe must share more in common with the UK
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 01:31:51 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 01:57:20 PM »

America still has a long way to go :/
You are quite lucky in one sense as I'm sure mainland Europe must share more in common with the UK

I think the UCLA campus is further forward than UK or any mainland European country. Wink
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 02:02:16 PM »

Let the states decide
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »

?  Why?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »

?  Why?

Because gender norms ought to be completely destroyed and annihilated.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »

?  Why?

I have a feeling you don't like our truck or motorcycle commercials much, then. Tongue  

Anyways, for myself, probably 1-2, but goal is definitely 0. 
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 04:48:45 PM »

Probably 2, maybe 3. I don't even view being a 0 as desirable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 04:56:31 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2016, 05:00:21 PM by I did not see L.A. »

?  Why?

I have a feeling you don't like our truck or motorcycle commercials much, then. Tongue

Thankfully I don't have to watch American TV ads. Though I doubt they're much worse than Italian ones...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 05:00:02 PM »

?  Why?

The really weird thing is how yogurt is almost exclusively marketed to women. I mean, why?!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 05:07:51 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 05:15:58 PM »

Probably 2, maybe 3. I don't even view being a 0 as desirable.

I'm pleasantly surprised, considering the rest of your politics.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 05:28:06 PM »

Anywhere between 1 and 3.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2016, 06:18:09 PM »

1.  The only 0 in the world is John Cena.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 07:57:51 PM »

?  Why?

The really weird thing is how yogurt is almost exclusively marketed to women. I mean, why?!
By featuring good looking women in yoga pants seductively eating yogurt off a spoon, they are definitely marketing yogurt to men.  Turn it on mute and yogurt becomes every bit a product for men.

The problem is...if they directly marketed to men...women might not buy it.  Or so the genius marketing process goes.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 08:05:17 PM »

I'd say a 1. The recent campaign against masculinity is quite unfortunate, in that we have taught a generation of men to feel bad about who they are.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:46 PM »

I'd say I'm a 2 on this scale.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2016, 09:16:47 PM »

?  Why?

By featuring good looking women in yoga pants seductively eating yogurt off a spoon, they are definitely marketing yogurt to men.  Turn it on mute and yogurt becomes every bit a product for men.

The problem is...if they directly marketed to men...women might not buy it.  Or so the genius marketing process goes.

I hadn't thought of it that way but that makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, I fluctuated wildly a bunch of times over the past several years but I'd like to think I'm settling in at around a 3.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 01:41:04 AM »

I guess the kinda interesting thing about this question is it forces you to define what it means to be masculine or feminine.  There are definitely stereotypical definitions, but that doesn't mean that everyone's definition is going to be the same.  IMO, the stereotypes don't do justice to either gender.

Anyway, probably 4 or 5.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2016, 02:30:09 AM »

I'd say a 1. The recent campaign against masculinity is quite unfortunate, in that we have taught a generation of men to feel bad about who they are.

No. It taught us that we don't need to be wife-beater wearing, Harley-driving, gun-toting, broish douchebags to feel good about who we are.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2016, 04:49:16 AM »

2 or 3. I've always felt weird on this topic. I'm not into tools, cars, or sports as a stereotypical guy is. But I'm definitely way to 'masculine' to be womanly or even a stereotypical gay guy though. I could elaborate if someone wants but I don't feel like it right now.

And yeah, if masculine means pretending to have no emotions and constantly trying to prove how tough I am to everyone, count me out.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2016, 06:01:39 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2016, 06:05:25 AM by I did not see L.A. »

No, patriarchy has taught countless generations of men and women to feel bad about who they are, and current generations are starting to do something to fix that. Because, newsflash, no real man or woman fits the ridiculous (and, in men's case, genuinely evil) gender archetypes that are assigned to them.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2016, 10:11:26 AM »

No, patriarchy has taught countless generations of men and women to feel bad about who they are, and current generations are starting to do something to fix that. Because, newsflash, no real man or woman fits the ridiculous (and, in men's case, genuinely evil) gender archetypes that are assigned to them.

It sounds like youre just making up bs to justify your own insecurities about your masculinity.  And you don't know a lot of guys it seems.  I know many, many, guys who are perfectly comfortable being masculine and have no desire to be feminine, and they're not evil (lol) for being that way.  Stop shaming them.  You sound ridiculous.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2016, 10:53:26 AM »

It sounds like youre just making up bs to justify your own insecurities about your masculinity.  And you don't know a lot of guys it seems.  I know many, many, guys who are perfectly comfortable being masculine and have no desire to be feminine, and they're not evil (lol) for being that way.  Stop shaming them.  You sound ridiculous.

Learn to read. I'm not calling any man evil per se (of course some men are evil - as are some, though probably fewer, women - but that's not my point). I'm saying that the norms and values that men are called on to follow are evil. I hope you understand the difference.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies