A Statement on the Pacific (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:17:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Statement on the Pacific (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Statement on the Pacific  (Read 1595 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: December 13, 2013, 08:51:21 PM »

While I'm not a member of the Pacific I do try to follow regional politics, and I think Spamage is right on this issue. We have reached a point in which even the Midwest has more activity (something hard to believe several months ago), and despite PJ's best efforts (and he has tried everything that is possible to help and save his region, the Pacific has reached the crossroads. The population numbers are higher than other regions, but even that advantage is negated by the inactive members of the NM-AM, and having some of the best Atlasians serving on the federal government when you do not lack candidates for those positions certainly does not help.

I don't think Superique or Spamage should be blamed for the Cabinet position or the Presidential round, though, since Superique has been in that position from a time in which the Pacific looked in the middle of a surge. At the same time, and speaking as the former running mate of Spamage, I joined his campaign because I believed (I still do) in his sincerity and his activity levels.

This gives further proof to the belief that our five regions are not sustainable right now. They might have been at some point, but they are not sustainable right now. Not when a high number of the population combines trolling with inactivity and an even greater number is comprised of elder statesmen who are a little bit tired of being officeholders after years of service (and I understand them). We need change!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 05:27:04 PM »

Superique, when have I ever indicated that I am anything less than thankful for the positive changes under Spamage?

Let's not dress this up. Spamage wanted to take a potshot for political gain. When it turned out that no one was really buying it, he moved on.

I am IMMENSELY frustrated that our former governor believes that he can act like this, and I urge everyone to take note of this behavior come election time (in the Midwest).
With all due respect I have to you Tyrian, there isn't actually election in the Midwest.

We just had a competitive Senate and Althing election, Windjammer, and we are going to have a competitive election for my successor. They are not as competitive as the Mideast elections are, but we are getting better as time goes on.

That said, I oppose a Midwest-Pacific merge, it would be a quick and rushed up solution that would fail to solve the main problem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies