Ralph Nader (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:35:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Ralph Nader (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ralph Nader  (Read 2287 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: July 03, 2004, 10:17:07 AM »

i think it is an f'ing outrage what the democrats pulled out in arizona.    and i cant believe the media hasnt called them out.

the democrats have bellyached for four freakin years about the supreme court deciding an election.  then they turn around and haul ralph nader to court to keep him off the ballot.

im sure those kind of actions will make nader supporters run to the polls in november to vote for john kerry.

My god, enforcing the law, to prevent invalid Republican signatures from qualifying Nader. That's just.... just awful.

Do I wish that the Democrats were unsuccessful in removing Nader? Yes.

Do I think that it's inconsistent to cry foul when one side uses the law in one election then use election laws advantageously the next? Yes.

Does it bother me? No. Every state has election laws and anyone active in politics knows that use of the rules is very much part of process. If an opponent errs on procedure it's fair game to win in the process and avoid the election. This is common in IL and many races are decided at filing rather than at the election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies