Anonymous to publish the names of 1,000 KKK members (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:48:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anonymous to publish the names of 1,000 KKK members (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anonymous to publish the names of 1,000 KKK members  (Read 3056 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 02, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »

The list also names Jim Gray, the gay Democratic mayor of Lexington, KY.

This is so obviously all made up. I'm surprised so many on Atlas fell for it.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 01:22:41 AM »

Tillis is apparently Catholic. So no matter how reactionary he is, he wouldn't be in the Klan.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 01:24:55 AM »

I assume, like the German NPD, the vast majority of KKK members are spooks, cops and informers all working various overlapping operations.

A lot of them are sincere racists but sincere racists who nevertheless inform on their fellow sincere racists just in case S ever goes down, they don't want to go to jail for their beliefs. I've heard in the past that a vast majority of people active in Klan organizations, if not directly working for the FBI, have at least given information to the FBI.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:29:06 PM »

Anonymous released the real list and as expected it's extremely disappointing.

http://pastebin.com/wbvP95wg

It's basically just a long list of links to Facebook profiles with Swastika backgrounds. So no KKK members were "outed". It's pretty much all people who are very open about being racist. Tom Metzger is actually on the list. It's like seriously, they might as well have posted a link to the wikipedia article on Hitler's Cabinet and said "look at all these Nazis we just outed".

No Senators, no Mayors, no one notable at all.

A lot of people said the fake list was an attempt to discredit the real one. I don't even think that was the case, as no one on the real list would deny being racist. It was more just straight up trolling.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 11:50:41 PM »

If not for the fake releases, I doubt this story would have gotten any coverage at all. It's absolutely not notable. They didn't even "hack" any websites. They just joined a bunch of racist Facebook groups and made a list of the members.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 07:30:10 AM »

Anonymous released the real list and as expected it's extremely disappointing.

http://pastebin.com/wbvP95wg

It's basically just a long list of links to Facebook profiles with Swastika backgrounds. So no KKK members were "outed". It's pretty much all people who are very open about being racist. Tom Metzger is actually on the list. It's like seriously, they might as well have posted a link to the wikipedia article on Hitler's Cabinet and said "look at all these Nazis we just outed".

No Senators, no Mayors, no one notable at all.

A lot of people said the fake list was an attempt to discredit the real one. I don't even think that was the case, as no one on the real list would deny being racist. It was more just straight up trolling.

Did anyone really think a significant number of senators were are actually members of the KKK? I mean, really? I'm sure that would do wonders for the political career and they'd have to be aware of it. Heck, even if they agree with the KKK, why bother being members? It could only lead to getting caught. Why would anyone in a position of real power take such a risk?

That only shows you how anti-Southern bigotry among the Dems makes Dems believe the most glaringly false things.

Throwing out glaringly false claims makes you look like an idiot, just saying.

What? Anyone who thought there were Senators in the KKK was being an idiot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies