Opinion of James Joyce (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:39:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of James Joyce (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ^
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Opinion of James Joyce  (Read 1358 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: April 04, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »

And you expect us to take your opinion of the Beatles seriously.

Seriously?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 10:10:31 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2014, 10:23:48 PM by traininthedistance »

And you expect us to take your opinion of the Beatles seriously.

Seriously?

Not exactly. It'd be like if you for some reason went to one of my music forums and said "Jawbreaker sucks" (as you probably think they do) which is basically about as blasphemous to someone in my subculture as what I said about the Beatles to a diehard Beatles fan. Honestly you'd probably just be written off as a troll who can't be serious, but hey you probably still hold that opinion.

BTW despite the claim I don't read books I actually did just start reading one, I liked The Hunger Games movie so I started reading that as I got the impression there was a bunch in the movie that got left out. Haven't seen the second movie yet but will soon, and might finish the whole trilogy before the third movie comes out.

I don't know anything about Jawbreaker.  I can guess that they probably suck but why would I go out of my way to slam them or advertise my ignorance?  I know better than to do such a thing.

Besides, it's not equivalent anyway because the Beatles are bigger than Jesus and your Gobstoppers or whatever are a niche of a niche of a niche.  A familiarity with their work would be a prerequisite for talking intelligently about your genre... but a familiarity with the Beatles is a prerequisite for talking intelligently about pretty much the entirety of pop music.  Even if you reject them- which is well within your rights, but if you're gonna reject them from a position of obvious ignorance, well you should be able to anticipate the reactions you're gonna get in the wider world by now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies