How is Bernie "too old"? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:13:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How is Bernie "too old"? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How is Bernie "too old"?  (Read 3608 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: December 19, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »

There's a difference between the acceptable age for one of a hundred members in a legislative body and the acceptable age for a chief executive.

This.

Plus- it speaks awfully about the Democrats if they're nominee is 79, and essentially elected as a policy plank. I know Trump kinda threw out the idea of electing your President based on him being the Commander in Chief but the democrats should pick someone who won't be 83 when his term ends.

I get the love for Bernie; but if he runs in 2020 he has to run with the intention of winning (and I get the impression that people want him to run to prove a point, rather than to win) I loved Ted Kennedy but imagine if he ran in 2008 (when he was actually younger than Sanders)

I'm also convinced of the extremely flaky, and coincidental argument that democrats win when they haven't been in office/public view for a long time (Obama, Clinton, Carter, Kennedy)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies