HOUSE BILL: Reintroduction of Top Secret Classification Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 04:00:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Reintroduction of Top Secret Classification Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Reintroduction of Top Secret Classification Act (Passed)  (Read 2624 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« on: September 23, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »

Right, I have some questions for the sponsor and/or author:

(1) Why ought the GM be the officer responsible for designating intelligence as classified, as opposed to the Secretary of State or the President?
(2) Would other officers be barred from designating orders of correspondence as classified under this bill?
(3) Would this bar the officers of the Game Engine from leaking classified intelligence to the press, as has occurred in the past?
(4) Are members of the NSC and other like organs considered part of the Cabinet?

I would like to thank you for the question. Just as a disclaimer much of this information in this bill is from a previous statute and has only been lightly modified. I am open to amendments if house reps or Senators feel any would be appropriate. 

1. The GM is the one that ultimately creates intelligence reports and much like in real life other entities like the CIA may choose which information the President should here. I would certainly be open to sharing others certain intelligence on the Presidents request, if it was appropriate they receive that information.   

2. No not at all, this bill just gives the GM that power and wouldn't directly restrict others from doing the same. I would certainly support an amendment clarifying that others may have that power in this bill though.

3. No the GM has the power to declassify information to anyone that he feels is appropriate to receive such information.   

4. No, but information that is relevant to the NSC could be sent to the NSC on request of the President. This is certainly a  request I would be open to fulfilling. 
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 08:26:59 PM »

Right, I have some questions for the sponsor and/or author:

(1) Why ought the GM be the officer responsible for designating intelligence as classified, as opposed to the Secretary of State or the President?
(2) Would other officers be barred from designating orders of correspondence as classified under this bill?
(3) Would this bar the officers of the Game Engine from leaking classified intelligence to the press, as has occurred in the past?
(4) Are members of the NSC and other like organs considered part of the Cabinet?

I would like to thank you for the question. Just as a disclaimer much of this information in this bill is from a previous statute and has only been lightly modified. I am open to amendments if house reps or Senators feel any would be appropriate. 

1. The GM is the one that ultimately creates intelligence reports and much like in real life other entities like the CIA may choose which information the President should here. I would certainly be open to sharing others certain intelligence on the Presidents request, if it was appropriate they receive that information.   

2. No not at all, this bill just gives the GM that power and wouldn't directly restrict others from doing the same. I would certainly support an amendment clarifying that others may have that power in this bill though.

3. No the GM has the power to declassify information to anyone that he feels is appropriate to receive such information.   

4. No, but information that is relevant to the NSC could be sent to the NSC on request of the President. This is certainly a  request I would be open to fulfilling. 

Could the previous bill be linked by chance?
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Top_Secret_Classification_Act
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »

That looks fine.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 09:57:06 PM »

I'd still like to see an effort to archive and pass on classified documents after the GM who generated them has left office. I am, however, sensible to the practical concerns expressed by the Speaker; would the GM be willing to give his thoughts on the matter?
I would be more than willing to pming past briefings to furture gms upon a transfer of power. As for archiving outside of the wiki I am not sure if their is s practical way we could do this. Maybe release archived briefings after a certain date.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies