A fair assessment of the SNP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:19:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  A fair assessment of the SNP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A fair assessment of the SNP?  (Read 2727 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: May 08, 2015, 10:02:41 AM »
« edited: May 08, 2015, 10:06:09 AM by traininthedistance »

This person sounds like an angry Labour hack. He's attacking the SNP for not magically getting everything done while in power. I doubt he would hold his own party to the same standard.

If you're the type of person who won't vote Democrat because Obama is a sell out, yes, you should be wary of the SNP.

If you're a reasonable leftist though, you should be excited by their success.

Yes, the idea that the post Blair Labour Party is somehow a much better vehicle for Social Democracy for Scots is laughable.  Maybe this is just my background showing, but I really don't get the progressivism behind this notion that British governance has a monopoly on progress, which is what many anti-SNPers imply with their "keep Scotland British!" talking points.

Seems more like the 19th century colonialism to me than anything.

It's not that British governance has a "monopoly on progress" or anything like that, it's that the SNP's agenda is fundamentally at the whims of North Sea oil royalties, which anyone with half a brain should recognize as not a very well-thought-out plan, given the reality of super-low worldwide oil prices right now, as well as the fact that said North Sea Oil ain't gonna last forever.

And, uh, back in the day the Scots were some of that island's most eager colonizers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies