General Election: State Pickups Clinton vs. Obama (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 01:01:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  General Election: State Pickups Clinton vs. Obama (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Election: State Pickups Clinton vs. Obama  (Read 1033 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: February 11, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

You can put Oklahoma in the possible Clinton pickups.  I know I sound like a broken record, but it is entirely possible, and Hillary Clinton is starting to realize that Oklahoma is not going to be a 65-35 state on November 4, 2008.  She is even starting to call the Sooner State and their 7 electoral votes as "competitive".  She is saying this in response to, and dismissal of, her poor February showing around the country.

Now, if Obama were to earn the nomination, then I will be the first one to put Oklahoma back into the safe Republican category, around the mid-to-high 50s for McCain.

With our distrust of McCain as high as it is, a lot of our staunch conservative voters could stay home on November 4 and thus give the Democrats, and Democrat-voting Independents and those Democrat-voting Republicans a chance to make a difference in a traditionally dark-red state.

If Huckabee had won the nomination, then we would be a safe Republican state in that scenario.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:30:19 PM »

You can put Oklahoma in the possible Clinton pickups.  I know I sound like a broken record, but it is entirely possible, and Hillary Clinton is starting to realize that Oklahoma is not going to be a 65-35 state on November 4, 2008.  She is even starting to call the Sooner State and their 7 electoral votes as "competitive".  She is saying this in response to, and dismissal of, her poor February showing around the country.

Now, if Obama were to earn the nomination, then I will be the first one to put Oklahoma back into the safe Republican category, around the mid-to-high 50s for McCain.

With our distrust of McCain as high as it is, a lot of our staunch conservative voters could stay home on November 4 and thus give the Democrats, and Democrat-voting Independents and those Democrat-voting Republicans a chance to make a difference in a traditionally dark-red state.

If Huckabee had won the nomination, then we would be a safe Republican state in that scenario.

I dont understand how being a strong republican state in elections for years, Clinton will somehow make the state competetive.

This year is not like other years.  The Oklahoma Democratic Party is rapidly strengthening after a good year in 2006.  Plus, I just told you how we would be competitive, and yet you ignored that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies