Orange County, CA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:18:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Orange County, CA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Orange County, CA  (Read 2518 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: January 07, 2007, 07:11:28 PM »

I've always thought that admitting Orange County as a state would be a good  partisan offset to admitting Puerto Rico as a state.  That's just me fantasizing though.  Also, I didn't realize what a large Asian community there is in OC.  According to Wikipedia it is 13.59% Asian.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 02:59:24 AM »

According to Wikipedia it is 13.59% Asian.

Largely thanks to the Vietnamese that settled here after the war. "Little Saigon" is the largest community of Vietnamese outside Vietnam.

Very interesting.  I had no idea.

As for the TV show, you gotta love how crappy it is.  My roommate and I watch it just to see who can correctly predict farthest into the show's future.  Last season we pratically predicted half the season finale based on the first episode.
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 06:05:11 PM »

I guess the Vietnamese in Orange County vote Republican because the party is more forcefully anti-communist, although its no longer a big issue, since we have trade ties with them now.

I'm not sure that shifting the Vietnamese vote one way or another would have any affect on Republican control here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies