In this thread, we post r/S4P reactions to tonight's news
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:13:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  In this thread, we post r/S4P reactions to tonight's news
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Author Topic: In this thread, we post r/S4P reactions to tonight's news  (Read 14393 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2016, 11:50:09 PM »

Sadly, this isn't a troll:

"Well, that's it. Really a shame. I hope she gets indicted before the election. It's our only chance. Or maybe someone could put a bullet in her head..." - /u/adamrobertt
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2016, 11:51:56 PM »

"Well, that's it. Really a shame. I hope she gets indicted before the election. It's our only chance. Or maybe someone could put a bullet in her head..." - /u/adamrobertt

Send that to the FBI!
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2016, 11:52:30 PM »

"I am with Bernie until the end. I will NOT vote for her. No matter what Bernie says I will NOT vote for the war monger candidate. I will vote for Jill Stein if I have to. I am moving to Canada after this election. I am sick and tired of this ing country. There is no justice. There is no fairness. The whole system is ing rigged." - /u/moon58

Send that to the FBI!

It was deleted before I could get screenshots, sadly.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2016, 11:52:37 PM »

It's impossible to tell who's a troll and who's not.  /pol/ has done this every time Sanders had a bad night.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2016, 11:53:33 PM »

"I think he will meet with Bernie and try to see what he wants to get him to drop out. If Bernie is as smart as I think he is he will tell the President that he's going to the convention PERIOD. If you would have told me that Pres. Obama would have turned into a corporatist and an die hard supporter of HRC I would have never believed you. Boy did he fool me! It's clear to me he's turned into a plutocratic tool." - /u/kfranklin12
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2016, 11:54:14 PM »

"I just dont get it though. There is ONE candidate right now not sitting in front of a judge. ONE candidate that isnt a criminal, and he's losing. Hey i got arrested for pot. Maybe i should run for president. Its starting to look like my record will help me" - /u/intelligenttrees
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2016, 12:01:49 AM »

"/r/SandersForPresident, throughout the the year we have challenged our community to make phone calls and canvass around neighborhoods, but since Hillary has used the Democratic Party and the masses to bully us and our message, the time has come to begin a letter writing campaign to FBI Director James Comey and Attorney General Loretta Lynch to remind them of their patriotic duty to protect America and to prosecute criminals like Clinton before she does further damage to the Office of the President of the United States." - /u/Uruk-hai_of_Saruman

"Please keep in mind the Dem party will try to crush the movement so we do not show up in Philly. They are already putting out hit/smear pieces on Bernie. (on top of every ing thing else they have done, they will now try to ruin him.) This is how they keep power. Please do not lose hope and please show up in Philly if you can!" - /u/rm1276
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2016, 12:02:03 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seriously, none of these people know how the Senate works.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2016, 12:04:10 AM »

"How the  can people celebrate Bernie losing? It is ing disgusting. Do these people realize they are celebrating the destruction of their country? Bernie was our last hope. No I"m not being ing over the top dramatic. I'm serious. Trump and Clinton are the worst possible ing candidates we could have possibly had. And we're going to be stuck with them for four or eight ing years people." - /u/Nebuchadnzr
Desroko
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2016, 12:05:56 AM »

Seriously, none of these people know how the Senate anything works.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2016, 12:07:03 AM »

Wait a minute, provided he doesn't mortgage all of his good will and the Democrats take back the Senate, is that likely to be wrong?!?

Obviously, one person is not an all-powerful god in the US Senate, but he's going to go from a nobody to someone that has a large amount of cache with his fundraising rolodex and his media presence.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:44 AM »

Wait a minute, provided he doesn't mortgage all of his good will and the Democrats take back the Senate, is that likely to be wrong?!?

Obviously, one person is not an all-powerful god in the US Senate, but he's going to go from a nobody to someone that has a large amount of cache with his fundraising rolodex and his media presence.

Why does that give him power in the senate? Bernie never helped fundraise for other candidates before, and this election he only gave an endorsement to Russ Feingold.

With media presence, Bernie was already a mainstay on MSNBC and such. He wasn't an "unknown".

These people think Bernie's support entitles him to be majority leader or something.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2016, 02:10:21 AM »

There are currently multiple threads similar to this on the front page:

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2016, 02:38:12 AM »

This is even worse Bernie Math than in the parody video...

Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2016, 02:39:29 AM »

Bernie posts!

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/4n6qe9/the_struggle_continues/

As expected, it's basically his stump speech and copy+paste lines from his "I can still win" speech last night.

Meanwhile the five posts under it are:
 * Bernie will win California because they are still counting the provisional ballots and "His numbers can only go up from here."  Call this number and harass them to make sure they don't commit voter fraud!
 * "I've realized through this election that I'm not a Democrat, because they are in Wall Street's pocket and fall in line with special interests; they don't actually care about the 99%."
 * "Huge well-controlled CA exit poll deviates 16% from Dem results, but only .07% for GOP."  to their credit, the first post here points out that this is likely due to provisional ballots, but then the top reply is "I now feel like provisional ballots are the legal way to throw out votes."
 * Same post as the first one, Hillary hasn't really won California because all the provisional ballots haven't been counted!
 * And the following absolutely delusional post:

RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2016, 03:16:23 AM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2016, 03:41:44 AM »

Why does that give him power in the senate? Bernie never helped fundraise for other candidates before, and this election he only gave an endorsement to Russ Feingold.

With media presence, Bernie was already a mainstay on MSNBC and such. He wasn't an "unknown".

These people think Bernie's support entitles him to be majority leader or something.

To be fair, MSNBC said today that if the Democrats take back the Senate, Sanders will be the chair of the Budget Committee. Not majority leader, but still a significant post.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2016, 04:50:07 AM »

"I am with Bernie until the end. I will NOT vote for her. No matter what Bernie says I will NOT vote for the war monger candidate. I will vote for Jill Stein if I have to. I am moving to Canada after this election. I am sick and tired of this ing country. There is no justice. There is no fairness. The whole system is ing rigged." - /u/moon58

lmbo
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2016, 04:51:10 AM »

He won't be majority leader, of course.  No one's suggesting that.  He's fundraised for 10 candidates so far this year, and hopefully a lot more in the fall and in the next cycle.  His media presence in the past was inarguably minor compared to what it has been and will be for a while.  He used to have no name recognition, now he's one of the most recognizable and beloved members of the Senate among (particularly young) Americans.

Why do you think Warren is so influential?  it's not because she has longstanding relationships, influential connections, or institutional powers on capital hill.

It's because a few speeches she gave went viral and made her adored by the grassroots.  Now she's a fundraising juggernaut, and when she comes out for or against something, the grassroots takes notice.  Which doesn't mean she always wins by any means, but it has made her way more powerful than most senators.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2016, 05:55:15 AM »

Has this been posted yet?

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2016, 09:33:27 AM »

"Sorry, I will not fall in line. I will not lower my standards for your country. We have 5 parties in Parliament in Canada and I would vote for your Green Party as if it was as strong as the one up north. If Bernie was the leader of the NDP up here, he'd have a comfortable majority government waiting up here for him.
Sorry, I have the sheer lunacy to believe viewpoints do not merely fall into a binary two-party system." - /u/JustALumpOfCanadium
Pretty sure there isn't a major Green Party in Canada.

"the movement is the zeitgeist. The fourth estate (MSM) is fighting to maintain power, but the internet gives the power to the people. The paradigm shift started many years ago and the government-media establishment is about to lose.

"It will be a tremendous fall for the Clintons. You can see how desperate Hillary is to be nominated before the FBI pounce."
/u/CoontzControlReddit
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2016, 10:22:39 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2016, 10:24:58 AM by Lyin' Steve »

To be fair, MSNBC said today that if the Democrats take back the Senate, Sanders will be the chair of the Budget Committee. Not majority leader, but still a significant post.

If Bernie's going to be put in charge of the budget committee I might seriously vote Republican for the senate.  I can't imagine a worse person to get that job and that's actually a very important committee, unlike when climate change denier Jim Inhofe was put in charge of the committee on the environment and public works.  I can just imagine Bernie not letting a budget through unless it sufficiently punished the millionaires and billionaires.

I don't think that's actually going to happen though.  His senate colleagues know what's up and after November he doesn't have his blackmail card so there's no reason to give a damn about him anymore.

Yeah I posted it son.  THE PANTHERS JUST MADE HISTORY TONIGHT we scored ten points against the #1 ranked defense in the NFL, the Denver Broncos, and made it all the way to the Superbowl!  This is a reason to celebrate WHY IS THE MEDIA HIDING THIS
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »

LOL this isn't even true; Hart won 26 states in '84.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #148 on: June 09, 2016, 10:32:32 AM »

LOL this isn't even true; Hart won 26 states in '84.

Hillary won 23 contests but none of the territories voted for Sanders so Puerto Rico doesn't count.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2016, 10:52:15 AM »

Who is this reasonable person? Huh
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length