MilesC'S 2012 Congressional Predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:27:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MilesC'S 2012 Congressional Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MilesC'S 2012 Congressional Predictions  (Read 6818 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 05:24:52 AM »

In the spirit of bipartisanship, I'll make a few cross-party endorsements:

Senate:

ME: Olympia Snowe- In this case, if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em. I like Snowe anyway.

House:

NC-06: Congressman Howard Coble- For refusing to take the Congressional Pension. I just think he's an honest guy.

NC-03: Any serious primary challenger to Rep. Walter Jones (so that he'll switch back to being a Democrat).

NJ-02: Congressman Frank LoBiondo- I'm friends with his niece; he's a great Congressman anyway.

VA-10: Congressman Frank Wolf- Wolf grew up with and overcame a stutter; as a stutterer myself, it means a lot to see him in office.

CA-24: Lt. Gov. Abel Maldonado- I really just think we need more moderate Republicans like him in office.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »

Wisconsin:  Recent polling suggests that Baldwin is starting to solidify the Democratic base behind her.  It's not clear if the ongoing antics at the state level of governance will have an impact on this race.  I realize some are skittish about running a strong liberal in a swing state, but the GOP isn't afraid to run strong conservatives in swing states and Baldwin has certainly proven she can win elections.

Lol, what? In Dane County, which voted for Mondale over Reagan by a sizable margin?
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 10:21:46 PM »

Wisconsin:  Recent polling suggests that Baldwin is starting to solidify the Democratic base behind her.  It's not clear if the ongoing antics at the state level of governance will have an impact on this race.  I realize some are skittish about running a strong liberal in a swing state, but the GOP isn't afraid to run strong conservatives in swing states and Baldwin has certainly proven she can win elections.

Lol, what? In Dane County, which voted for Mondale over Reagan by a sizable margin?

PPP showed her gaining 5 points on Thompson over the last few months; she is starting to solidify the base.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 11:19:37 PM »

PPP showed her gaining 5 points on Thompson over the last few months; she is starting to solidify the base.

She's too liberal for the state. I highly doubt she can win against Thompson. If Fitzgerald is the nominee, then she has a much better chance, but a lot of the Tea Party craziness has died down since 2010, so that's not likely.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies