Trump immigration megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:58:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump immigration megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump immigration megathread  (Read 4143 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: February 28, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »

Called it months ago. They recognize being anti-minority is going to backfire if Latinos turn out and continue voting Democratic. So ergo this.

I doubt the compromise will ever happen (Trump's base would revolt) but can you imagine the millions of new Democrats if a future Democratic President legalized them all?

This is hilarious to watch and I can only imagine Trump's base going apoplectic.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »

The Republican base? Well at this point they don't even have an ideology,  just a primal scream so I guess if Trump can sell it that way maybe. I don't see him getting an immigration bill through Congress without spending a lot of political capital.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 05:35:49 PM »

Immigration reform requires 60 votes in the Senate.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 07:39:04 PM »

Significant victory for the Democratic Party if true. These people will be given citizenship the moment the Democratic President puts his hand down from the oath of office. I can already see the bill running through Congress to create a generation of Democratic voters.

The Left will not let this deal stand. This is Trump's capitulation, if true.

Normally I'd be infuriated but this means the death of the Alt Right so I'm down.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »

I'd be furious if this happens, they should all be deported.

You're not an American. Deal with it.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 07:43:50 PM »

I'd be furious if this happens, they should all be deported.

You're not an American. Deal with it.
I'm from Essex County, Massachusetts...

You have France as a avatar. I assumed given the large number of conservative foreigners we have.

That said hilariously the God Emperor turning on his promises? Neber would've guessed.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 07:52:28 PM »

Called it months ago. They recognize being anti-minority is going to backfire if Latinos turn out and continue voting Democratic. So ergo this.

I doubt the compromise will ever happen (Trump's base would revolt) but can you imagine the millions of new Democrats if a future Democratic President legalized them all?

This is hilarious to watch and I can only imagine Trump's base going apoplectic.

That really depends if he gets them (illegal arrivals) out of the country before the next election.

If they are still in the country, what you are saying is a strong point.

They're not gonna leave. They're dominant in a lot of healthcare and hospitality and low level menial and food picking jobs. The end game could be that we tighten the screws on future immigration but these 11 million become US citizens basically by 2025. That's my prediction.

The Democratic Party would be honestly very happy with that deal for a variety of reasons.

The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 07:55:16 PM »

You know as well as I do their kids will get the right to vote when the Democratic Party retakes power. There's not a single thing stopping a Democratic Congress and White House from overturning such a deal.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 08:13:27 PM »

That really depends if he gets them (illegal arrivals) out of the country before the next election.

If they are still in the country, what you are saying is a strong point.

They're not gonna leave. They're dominant in a lot of healthcare and hospitality and low level menial and food picking jobs.
Most of those jobs can and will be replaced by robots over the next few years. Hence the importance of no amnesty. Once there are no longer the jobs for them in the US illegal and insecure status will increase motivation to self deport. Will also subtract substantially to the pull factor as well a subtracting one of the main motives for Americans to allow these people to stay in the US.
Very wishful thinking. Plus you could use this rationale to justify killing old people.

I'm not going to respond to our resident Stormfront apologist but robotics isn't getting into the aforementioned industries until much later in the century. AI capabilities don't have the capacity to fruit pick and pick the best fruits or do a lot of jobs like plumbing and mechanical tasks that require judgment calls and won't for several decades. Hospitality, healthcare, and fruit and vegetable picking and farmwork will remain human dominated purely because as I said the AI doesn't have the capabilities to make constant judgment calls that we humans can.

There is a reason I specifically named these industries.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 08:21:14 PM »

Not sure what you expected
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies