Presidential Survivor (ROUND 16)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:05:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor (ROUND 16)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor (ROUND 16)  (Read 6228 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »

Totals:
B Harrison: 13
Lincoln: 6
Garfield: 4
GW Bush: 3
GHW Bush: 2
Clinton: 2
Ford: 2
Coolidge: 1
Nixon: 1
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2005, 07:43:23 PM »

George W. Bush
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2005, 08:16:53 PM »

I get 7 for Lincoln Emsworth, but I doubt it will matter now since Little Ben appears to have passed the point of no return
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2005, 08:23:45 PM »

Benjamin Harrison
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2005, 08:38:50 PM »

Blue Rectangle:

Nixon and Bush 1 were moderates who did some good things such as environmental protection and the hate crimes bill. George W. has never done a single thing to reach out to moderates or Dems, 100% of his legislation is aimed at the far right of the party.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2005, 08:42:12 PM »

Blue Rectangle:

Nixon and Bush 1 were moderates who did some good things such as environmental protection and the hate crimes bill. George W. has never done a single thing to reach out to moderates or Dems, 100% of his legislation is aimed at the far right of the party.

And neither Bush I nor Nixon ever got an ounce of credit from the Democrats for their "moderate" policies.  I see a lot of Democrats praising Bush I, but trust me, not a single one of them would have supported him when it counted - in the voting booth.  So that tends to throw that political strategy into question because the job of a politician, after all, is to win elections.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2005, 08:45:53 PM »

Blue Rectangle:

Prescription Drug Benefit and No Child Left Behind are perfect examples of Bush taking Democratic ideas and using them. Kennedy, remember, was a major backer of NCLB, until Bush was up for re-election of course.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

Blue Rectangle:

Prescription Drug Benefit and No Child Left Behind are perfect examples of Bush taking Democratic ideas and using them. Kennedy, remember, was a major backer of NCLB, until Bush was up for re-election of course.

...and until the unions realized that they might be held accountable for something.  The Democrats wanted to just do their usual thing and spend unlimited amounts with no accountability, and when it wasn't turning out this way, they suddenly turned against their own law, and rewrote history as usual.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2005, 09:27:02 PM »

That's true.  Remember that Bush was accused of "stealing" the Democrats' agenda (health care, education, etc.) early in his first term.  Also, the Senate was actually Democratic for about a year and a half, so Bush had to compromise to get anything through.

I don't consider Bush I to be a moderate.  By the time he became president, he had pretty much converted to a conservative.  It was his relationship with the strong Democratic Congress that forced him to compromise (too much, in my opinion).

As for Nixon, I continue to be shocked that Democrats here seem to be more concerned with Bush's invasion of Iraq than with Nixon's handling of Vietnam.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2005, 10:17:12 PM »

Harrison.

Work sucks.  I can't try to beat my 6 second record.

Night all.
DanimalBr

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2005, 11:00:16 PM »

Okay Kids.    Time to pull the plug on this round.   Voting for Round 16 is now closed.    Just give me a minute to let me do my thing, and then I'll let you all do your thing.   
DanimalBr

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2005, 11:07:16 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2005, 12:38:45 PM by DanimalBr »

Well the "Eliminate Lincoln campaign" that's been headed up by States Rights since the begining of the game picked up some steam this round, but it wasn't quite enough.   Here are the final results from round 16:

Benjamin Harrison - 15

Abraham Lincoln - 7

James Garfield - 4

George W. Bush - 4

George H. W. Bush - 2

Bill Clinton - 2

Gerald Ford - 2

Calvin Coolidge - 1

Richard Nixon - 1

BENJAMIN HARRISON, CONSIDER YOUR WELCOME ON THIS ISLAND OFFICIALLY WORN OUT.    YOU ARE THE NEXT U.S PRESIDENT TO BE VOTED OFF THE ISLAND AND ELIMINATED FROM PRESIDENTIAL SURVIVOR.   IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO LEAVE

PRESIDENT BENJAMIN HARRISON, THE TRIBE HAS SPOKEN!!

<torch extinguished>

I'll turn you all loose on the Round 17 thread in a few minutes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies