Presidential Survivor (ROUND 16) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:51:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Presidential Survivor (ROUND 16) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Presidential Survivor (ROUND 16)  (Read 6282 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: May 09, 2005, 04:34:41 AM »

Benjamin Harrison
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 08:42:12 PM »

Blue Rectangle:

Nixon and Bush 1 were moderates who did some good things such as environmental protection and the hate crimes bill. George W. has never done a single thing to reach out to moderates or Dems, 100% of his legislation is aimed at the far right of the party.

And neither Bush I nor Nixon ever got an ounce of credit from the Democrats for their "moderate" policies.  I see a lot of Democrats praising Bush I, but trust me, not a single one of them would have supported him when it counted - in the voting booth.  So that tends to throw that political strategy into question because the job of a politician, after all, is to win elections.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

Blue Rectangle:

Nixon and Bush 1 were moderates who did some good things such as environmental protection and the hate crimes bill. George W. has never done a single thing to reach out to moderates or Dems, 100% of his legislation is aimed at the far right of the party.

Prescription Drug Benefit and No Child Left Behind are perfect examples of Bush taking Democratic ideas and using them. Kennedy, remember, was a major backer of NCLB, until Bush was up for re-election of course.

...and until the unions realized that they might be held accountable for something.  The Democrats wanted to just do their usual thing and spend unlimited amounts with no accountability, and when it wasn't turning out this way, they suddenly turned against their own law, and rewrote history as usual.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies