stopping Mccain in South Carolina primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:00:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  stopping Mccain in South Carolina primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: stopping Mccain in South Carolina primary  (Read 4601 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 31, 2009, 11:40:28 PM »

Anyone who had paid attention to the election coverage knew that McCain and Huckabee would be fighting it out for first and second place and that Thomson and Romney would be fighting it out for third and fourth.  Given how Thomson had by then effectively rendered himself irrelevant, I suspect that a fair number of the Thomson votes were actually anti-Romney votes intended to place Romney in fourth place.  Up until primary day I was undecided between McCain and Huckabee and considered casting a tactical vote for Thomson for precisely that reason.  I ended up not casting a tactical vote because I came to a decision.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 02:11:17 PM »

Given the margins in the SC primary, any scenario that flips the state to Huckabee would be likely to also flip SC-6, making the delegate count 20-4 Huckabee-McCain, not 18-6.  Indeed, with the monstrous margin McCain had in SC-1, a narrower McCain victory might well have seen McCain getting a 16-8 delegate margin with McCain winning the state and SC-1 and SC-2, while Huckabee won the other four CD's.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies