Assault Weapons Ban (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:49:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Assault Weapons Ban (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should we ban assault weapons?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 90

Author Topic: Assault Weapons Ban  (Read 13896 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« on: February 22, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »

Banning ANY type of firearm is an infringement on the right to keep them. What is so hard about that?

Tell us where you would draw the line. Shoulder-mounted missile launcher?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »

Yes, I think that private possession of "assault weapons" should be banned, along with most other guns and ammunition. If the Second Amendment is a problem, then so much the worse for the Second Amendment. It's probably well past time for that to go, too.

Atlas incarnate here. You can't be serious.

Why can't I? Would you care to explain from your fainting couch?

That is a Constitutional right. You cannot infringe on it, or we will devolve into tyranny.

Answer my question. Is a ban on shoulder-mounted missile launchers an infringement on second amendment rights? Will it lead to tyranny?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »

Yes, I think that private possession of "assault weapons" should be banned, along with most other guns and ammunition. If the Second Amendment is a problem, then so much the worse for the Second Amendment. It's probably well past time for that to go, too.

That is a Constitutional right. You cannot infringe on it, or we will devolve into tyranny.

Answer my question. Is a ban on shoulder-mounted missile launchers an infringement on second amendment rights? Will it lead to tyranny?

No, because those aren't guns. They are missile launchers. And we always have to watch out for tyranny. That is why why can't place any restrictions on the right to bear bullet launchers.

Oh, please direct me to the part of the constitution that talks about "guns."
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 02:05:05 AM »

No, because those aren't guns. They are missile launchers. And we always have to watch out for tyranny. That is why why can't place any restrictions on the right to bear bullet launchers.

Oh, please direct me to the part of the constitution that talks about "guns."

Now we're just getting to semantics, which is a clear sign that you have nothing else.

I think you see exactly where my argument is going. You, on the other hand, are just asserting things in a trolling manner without engaging in debate. Give us a plausible explanation for why "arms" means all guns, but only guns and nothing else.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies