SB 2017-062: New Senate Rules Resolution (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:01:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2017-062: New Senate Rules Resolution (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2017-062: New Senate Rules Resolution (Passed)  (Read 2262 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: March 13, 2017, 11:26:58 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2017, 11:29:26 PM by Siren »

I'm concerned about this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I assume this is meant to refer to the same bill but been amended?  It could give a lot of power to the PPT and Speaker, especially since they seem to be able to choose whoever they want to serve on the committee with them.  I'm not saying I think PiT would abuse this, but who knows who might be PPT in the future.  Plus, doesn't it conflict with clause 5 in the same section?
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »

Okay introducing amendment.  9.2 seems to be another version of 11.3.  As far as the meetings go, that's fine with me (not really sure they need to be required but might be good), but I don't like the idea of holding votes without everyone present.  IMO, all bills should be voted on by the whole House or Senate in a public thread.  If people decide that its time to vote in the meeting, the PPT or Speaker can just open the thread to vote on the government election board and let everyone vote like normal.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 01:04:32 PM »

Maybe I'm just being low energy here, but am I the only one that thinks having potentially 15 threads open at once is a lot?  We could end up seeing bills that Senators are less interested in falling through the cracks.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 03:12:59 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies