Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:16:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 206970 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: November 26, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »

Ugh. This is sickening. At this point Bushie is about one step up from the average Flannery O'Connor character at the beginning of his or her respectively story, spiritually speaking.

I would say he is on par, but maybe I haven't read enough to judge it accurately.

Mary Flannery O'Connor: "Anything that comes out of the South is going to be called grotesque by the northern reader, unless it is grotesque, in which case it is going to be called realistic."

Seems relevant to Update..
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »

Bushie will spend every day eating and sleeping.

ftfy
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2014, 10:52:38 PM by politicus »

Cameroon is a predominately French and English speaking country. What other languages do they need to translate the Bible into? Even if there are some obscure tribal languages there that don't have a translation yet it's not particularly relevant since anyone speaking such a language would also speak French or English.

Being able to conduct a service in your own language and translate Christian concept into your own cultural context adds a whole other dimension  (remember that African languages are structured differently, have different idioms and has evolved in and reflects a different cultural context) and makes you able to internalize the Christian message on a deeper level.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 10:29:55 AM »
« Edited: December 26, 2014, 10:33:23 AM by politicus »

it is an interesting question:  how does bushie determine whether a country is 'civilized?'

density of fast food joints?

given the obesity rates in karabati, im assuming it is well populated with mcdonalds.

Nah, most of the small Pacific Island nations and territories managed to develop obesity problems without US fast food chains. Only Samoa, Fiji, French Polynesia, Northern Marianas and Guam have McDs.

Also: Kiribati, not Karabati.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:13:44 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2014, 04:21:43 PM by politicus »

Well, why not? Christianity is on its way to be wiped out in the Middle East outside of Lebanon and Egypt. Time to fight back.

EDIT: Talking about a spiritual fight and diplomatic/economic pressure to safeguard Christian minorities here. Islam is a spiritual superpower and the main competitor to Christianity in many regions. Trying to convert Muslims is generally an honourable and worthy endeavour. Although the way Jeffs relative goes about it is a bit dodgy.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 12:34:40 PM »
« Edited: December 27, 2014, 12:54:53 PM by politicus »

Plus, Christianity - true Christianity - is NOT a religion.  It is a relationship with Almighty God.

Jeff, the "Christianity is not a religion - it is a relationship with God" line is stupid and counterproductive. There is no point in inventing an alternative definition of religion (or subscribing to one) - you can claim that you believe Christianity is the only true religion, but it is a religion.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 11:51:46 PM »

I'm thinking that a Sentra (or its equivalents in other makes) will not offer ODF the level of back support that he now requires. I suspect he (or, rather Papa) will buy something more attuned to the needs of the full figured gentleman. Something opebo would approve of. Perhaps a Buick.

My Sentra is quite comfortable.  I will give it that.  And, any car purchase will be my purchase, not my parents.

They will simply finance all the payments, but it is IN NO WAY their purchase.

No, when I say this will be MY purchase, I mean it will be MY purchase.

NO ONE CAN SAY OTHERWISE.

Especially when it happens.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies