Opinion of Frank Freshwaters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:58:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Frank Freshwaters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF(D)

HP(D)

FF(R)

HP(R)

FF(I)

HP(I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Opinion of Frank Freshwaters  (Read 451 times)
James Monroe

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2015, 11:09:11 PM »

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2015/05/frank_freshwaters_akron_fugiti.html
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:53:51 AM »

So he killed a guy, escaped from prison, and justice caught up with him? Freedom story.
James Monroe

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:02:35 AM »

So he killed a guy, escaped from prison, and justice caught up with him? Freedom story.
Unintentionally killed a guy. This wasn't some cold-booded murderer who pre meditated his crimes before hand. This was some average joe who was probably driving through the influence and accidentally hit and killed an innocent pedestrian.  Plus Freshwaters has been living a law-abiding life since his escape from prison. What we have here is a waste of money that could be spend by improving education or other meaningful contributions from the government.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 12:10:37 PM »

Unintentionally killed a guy. This wasn't some cold-booded murderer who pre meditated his crimes before hand. This was some average joe who was probably driving through the influence and accidentally hit and killed an innocent pedestrian.  Plus Freshwaters has been living a law-abiding life since his escape from prison. What we have here is a waste of money that could be spend by improving education or other meaningful contributions from the government.

I am so ridiculously unsympathetic to all "They've been free for so long since they escaped justice" pleas. He killed a guy through gross negligence, got a second chance with probation, blew it, and then escaped prison.

I doubt he'll see much time in prison given his advanced age, but I'm glad his crimes caught up to him before he died.
James Monroe

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 01:06:17 PM »

I am so ridiculously unsympathetic to all "They've been free for so long since they escaped justice" pleas. He killed a guy through gross negligence, got a second chance with probation, blew it, and then escaped prison.

I doubt he'll see much time in prison given his advanced age, but I'm glad his crimes caught up to him before he died.
   The only crime he committed was not intended to harm the life of the other individual. His history otherwise has shown he is no threat to society, which is why I believed he should have been left alone and rest till death.  The SS fraud is soothing to  condemned him for but I understand why he made the choice to go under another name given the circumstances. Society will often neglect low level criminals and scapegoating them as bunch of uneducated thugs and Freshwaters case was no different. Someone who has been in isolation for so long will forget the ability to communicate with the community at large. This whole capturing should be dealt away with.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 05:15:07 PM »

The only crime he committed was not intended to harm the life of the other individual. His history otherwise has shown he is no threat to society, which is why I believed he should have been left alone and rest till death.  The SS fraud is soothing to  condemned him for but I understand why he made the choice to go under another name given the circumstances. Society will often neglect low level criminals and scapegoating them as bunch of uneducated thugs and Freshwaters case was no different. Someone who has been in isolation for so long will forget the ability to communicate with the community at large. This whole capturing should be dealt away with.

By your logic the following crimes are not serious enough to warrant real punishment:
1. DUI or OWI causing death
2. Negligent or reckless homicide
3. Unlawful discharge of a weapon in a public area

All 3 are serious felonies (except maybe #3 in some jurisdictions), so the law contradicts your assertions.

And you are a danger to others if you drive under the influence or otherwise are extremely reckless. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 05:17:36 PM »

Also, "danger to society" is not the only criterion used for sentencing/parole.  Consider Bernie Madoff.  Cashless, he is not much of a danger and could spend his life on house arrest/parole.  But we sent him to prison for 150 years because society determined punishment was necessary in this case. 
James Monroe

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 09:15:04 PM »

The only crime he committed was not intended to harm the life of the other individual. His history otherwise has shown he is no threat to society, which is why I believed he should have been left alone and rest till death.  The SS fraud is soothing to  condemned him for but I understand why he made the choice to go under another name given the circumstances. Society will often neglect low level criminals and scapegoating them as bunch of uneducated thugs and Freshwaters case was no different. Someone who has been in isolation for so long will forget the ability to communicate with the community at large. This whole capturing should be dealt away with.

By your logic the following crimes are not serious enough to warrant real punishment:

All 3 are serious felonies (except maybe #3 in some jurisdictions), so the law contradicts your assertions.

And you are a danger to others if you drive under the influence or otherwise are extremely reckless.  
 What I meant was that Freshwaters wasn't someone who really wanted to commit a horrific sin as murder. He could have prevented the accident by not being drunk and driving on the road  but we can't time travel back and prevented bad things from occurring. The feds think they have  a loose cannon that going to threat others in society despite being freed for 56 years and living a quiet but peaceful lifestyle. Let the poor man rest until his final days come.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 09:59:50 PM »

The only crime he committed was not intended to harm the life of the other individual. His history otherwise has shown he is no threat to society, which is why I believed he should have been left alone and rest till death.  The SS fraud is soothing to  condemned him for but I understand why he made the choice to go under another name given the circumstances. Society will often neglect low level criminals and scapegoating them as bunch of uneducated thugs and Freshwaters case was no different. Someone who has been in isolation for so long will forget the ability to communicate with the community at large. This whole capturing should be dealt away with.

What I meant was that Freshwaters wasn't someone who really wanted to commit a horrific sin as murder. He could have prevented the accident by not being drunk and driving on the road  but we can't time travel back and prevented bad things from occurring. The feds think they have  a loose cannon that going to threat others in society despite being freed for 56 years and living a quiet but peaceful lifestyle. Let the poor man rest until his final days come.

Many murderers are under the influence of drugs/alcohol and have warped thinking, but they're still held accountable for their actions.

I suppose there are better things to be doing than capturing old-time fugitives, but I'm with Walker Republican on this one.
James Monroe

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »

How do you feel about him sealing another person identity in order to collect social security?   
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 09:03:39 PM »

How do you feel about him sealing another person identity in order to collect social security?   

Mad, of course.  I'm not the one supporting him in this debate you know. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies