PETA attacks KFC = Killing Friendly Chickens (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:14:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  PETA attacks KFC = Killing Friendly Chickens (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support PETAs stance against KFC?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: PETA attacks KFC = Killing Friendly Chickens  (Read 5296 times)
MissCatholic

« on: October 17, 2005, 12:19:13 PM »

A KFC bucket of chicken wings translates into a BIG body count. Think about it—every bird has only two wings (if only all math problems were this easy). Log onto KFC’s Web site and you’ll see that about 736 million chickens are killed when they are just 6 or 7 weeks old.

Chickens should be friends, not food! Chickens are friendly, curious little birds who value their lives just as much as you value yours. Did you know that chicken moms talk to their chicks even while the babies are still in the shell? When the chicks are born, their mom watches over them carefully, takes them under her wing to keep them safe, and teaches them all about life.

But chickens on Colonel Sanders’ farms never get to be loved by their moms. These birds’ lives are awful and scary even before they are killed and cut up for food.

Chickens raised for KFC are taken away from their families and stuffed into sheds with tens of thousands of other birds. (Think of how scared you’d be if you were locked inside a crowded room with thousands of people you didn’t know!) The birds aren’t allowed any fresh air or sunshine, and they can barely move (each chicken has to make do with a space smaller than one sheet of notebook paper).

Once they’re fattened up, the birds are thrown into tiny crates and trucked to the slaughterhouse. Some chickens fall off the trucks and are left to die alongside the road. The frightened birds who make it to the slaughterhouse are killed when they are just 6 weeks old—still babies!
MissCatholic

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 12:37:28 PM »

PETA:  Cruelty to animals is only OK if we do it!

That pretty well sums up the position of most of these "activist" groups.

what sums up PETA is simple.

we dont support human abortions but we do support attacks on chickens. they dont even protect their own species.
MissCatholic

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 09:18:43 AM »

It's intersting to see than MissCatholic has more consideration for baby chickens than she does for gay teenagers.

excuse me, where did i stat my support for this organisation?
MissCatholic

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 09:58:49 AM »

It's intersting to see than MissCatholic has more consideration for baby chickens than she does for gay teenagers.

excuse me, where did i stat my support for this organisation?

You simply posted the position of PETA without stating your own as being different, which to some might imply that you support that position. I wasn't sure about it myself, so I didn't say anything.

oh ok, i am against them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies