Opinion of Dora the Explorer (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:58:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Dora the Explorer (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Dora the Explorer
Freedom Cartoon

Horrible Cartoon

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Opinion of Dora the Explorer  (Read 15463 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: June 08, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »

DO NOT COMPARE FiM TO LIVE-ACTION DISNEY. EVER. Tongue

For that matter, comparing Avatar to My Little Pony, while not insulting to either per se, is...well, it's not something that I would have immediately thought of, to say the least.

I don't understand why anybody bothers with bad work for children, including children, and I don't understand why anybody dismisses out of hand good work for children, including adults. Dora the Explorer, being for toddlers who aren't fully lingual yet, is a bit tiresome, but in some ways there's a lot less, shall we say, aesthetic-psychological difference between older children and adults than a lot of us in the modern western world like to think.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »

Again, there's nothing at all inherently indicting in the aesthetic or artistic sense about being aimed at little girls. I'm not even really into My Little Pony and I think that line of argument is ridiculous.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »

The community itself is somewhat ironic in nature, though it sprouted up in the first place due to being a good show.

Also, don't complain about us while you watch the magical tentacle girl crap. Tongue

I'm not aware of anybody who watches things about magical tentacle girls, mainly because I'm not aware of any anime that combine those two things that aren't hentai (and would like to remain not aware if possible and finish watching Kara no Kyoukai in peace).

Also, Antonio's map, while not for the layman, is better at accomplishing what it's meant to accomplish, which is something highly technical, than Dora's map.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies