"Trump's election to lose" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:54:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  "Trump's election to lose" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Trump's election to lose"  (Read 832 times)
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« on: September 23, 2016, 02:47:46 AM »

This is the first thing I've seen which has really troubled me. Those of you who are Political Wire members will have seen the alert about the findings by Predata, who monitor online activity relating to political campaigns and who called the Brexit result against the grain of predictions (Predata claim they don't do predictions, but they're crowing about calling Brexit right. Hmm...).

This is Predata's article: https://medium.com/@predata/the-predata-us-election-special-september-16-2016-in-the-digital-realm-its-starting-to-look-ef3d1a207a4d#.vpt8jdvbu

Can anyone give me rational, convincing reasons why I shouldn't take this seriously? Coupled with John Judis's plausible criticism of Clinton's lack of a positive message (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/--100769), I'm beginning to think she's throwing away what should have been a slam dunk.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 03:03:46 AM »

There's nothing "new age" about this kind of data analysis, it's already proved surprisingly perceptive in gauging under-the-radar opinion.

I realise you're trolling, but I don't see that Clinton is one state away from losing - that's one of the few things that gives me reassurance. Two states, perhaps.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 07:44:56 AM »

Sorry, but couple this analysis - whether you think it's legitimate or not (I messaged Sam Wang about it, and he seemed unconvinced) - with the polling results showing much greater enthusiasm among Trump supporters (46% Trump vs only 33% Clinton in WaPo/ABC News), and add to it the fact that Clinton's campaign doesn't seem to have a theme, and I'm wondering if the firewall really can hold.

After being so bullish just a few days ago, I'm now actually worried. Only the reassurances of the likes of Mitch Stewart and David Plouffe are reminding me that Clinton's got this covered more than she appears to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies