Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:36:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23486 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: November 25, 2014, 03:34:51 AM »

He's refused to state why he even is supporting the recall against me. He wants this recall campaign to be about me, but he hasn't given one good reason why I should be recalled. Meanwhile, I've defended my record as Governor including the weak recall reasons given by the organizer of the recall.

Would you like my honest opinion?

You've done a terrible job as Governor and everybody has seen it, you've completely shifted your beliefs from "I'm an Independent" to "Yay Labor" and it is clearly because you were afraid from a primary by Labor, and you still are afraid. You also said on your wiki page that you supported teaching kids creationism. You refused to give anyone answers for weeks, those two things are recall worthy. Then you completely overreact to a recall attempt and literally call your opponent supportive of Jim Crow. Not to mention the backstabbing you did to people like Cris, and the fact that you defend doing something like that is astounding and truly speaks about your character.

None of those things are worthy material for a recall. Those are personality disputes and policy disagreements, the latter of which never actually manifested into any tangible policy discussion.

Should Pingvin be recalled in the IDS because he has placed offensive anti-Semite material in his signature in the past?

Should Lumine be impeached from office because he subscribes to awful parody YouTube accounts that make racist jokes and describe Bachelet as being literally worse than Pinochet?

Should all the Pacific Government be recalled for abruptly abandoning their posts for two weeks (something that actually affects gameplay) in recent memory?

Should oakvale be recalled for managing a political party, constantly engaging in partisan discussions and consistently offering judicial opinion all under the guise of "I'm not acting in my official capacity as SC Justice right now"?

Should people like MadmanMotley and JoMCaR be recalled from offices they may hold in the future because they were convicted in the past of sockpuppetry and left their regions' legislatures with unexpected vacancies?

Should Potus2036 be recalled from office because he has been a serial abandoner of offices and engaged in (while not illegal, unethical) behavior to persuade people to invalidate their votes in the last MW Governor election?

Should you be impeached for spending more time focusing on these witch-hunts than performing your duties as SoIA?

Should Simfan be recalled because he is just plain awful?

I could go on and on, but I assume all of this will fall on deaf ears. The answer - in a large majority of these cases - is that no, obviously these people shouldn't be recalled, and the same applies to the Governor's case, too.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 05:01:21 PM »

Should Lumine be impeached from office because he subscribes to awful parody YouTube accounts that make racist jokes and describe Bachelet as being literally worse than Pinochet?

Not I want to participate actively in the massive debate, but, what are you talking about?

EDIT: Please don't tell me you actually took the job of looking at what I do outside the forum...

Sounds like something Griff would totally do.

Many months ago, I was trying to track down these videos that Lumine had posted for a good laugh with someone, but couldn't find them through the forum. I searched for "LumineVonReuental YouTube" and, lo and behold, the first link on there is to his (personal) YouTube account. I didn't realize he had a separate account for them at first, so a quick scrolling down in pursuit of the videos through his activity feed and a couple of clicks here and there (combined with my Spanish fluency, even if Chilean isn't a real language) innocuously revealed what I posted.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »

Not I want to participate actively in the massive debate, but, what are you talking about?

EDIT: Please don't tell me you actually took the job of looking at what I do outside the forum...

Sounds like something Griff would totally do.

Many months ago, I was trying to track down these videos that Lumine had posted for a good laugh with someone, but couldn't find them through the forum. I searched for "LumineVonReuental YouTube" and, lo and behold, the first link on there is to his (personal) YouTube account. I didn't realize he had a separate account for them at first, so a quick scrolling down in pursuit of the videos through his activity feed and a couple of clicks here and there (combined with my Spanish fluency, even if Chilean isn't a real language) innocuously revealed what I posted.

Don't take this wrong, Griffin, but for god's sake take some time off the game.

I'm just around right now to argue with folks over the latest witch-hunt and make sure various elected officials stay on their toes. Don't worry: this was quite some time ago, and only mentioned as part of something broader to prove a point here. I'm not like some forum posters who literally spend days digging up dirt to get people banned. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 12:28:01 AM »

The notion that the Midwest isn't an inherently-Laborite region flies out the window when considering that TNF is a five-term Senator of the region.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies