AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:19:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133566 times)
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: October 14, 2006, 10:30:27 PM »

Remaining hours fundraising.

Level 1 organziation in Washington.  If I have enough after fundraising to run an ad, run highest level I can in Washington of that old ad I wrote.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2006, 10:33:20 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2006, 10:37:13 PM by Akno21 »

20 hours fundraising
Level 1 Ad in Michigan (Minimum Wage)

Ad: Minimum Wage

The federal minimum wage has not been increased since 1997, the longest time peroid without an increase in over half a century.
Calendar flipping

During that time period, the value of the minimum wage has fallen by almost a dollar.
Downward line on a graph

To me, it is unacceptable that the federal government has not increased the minimum wage. Hard-working Americans nationwide can tell you that $5.15 is not enough. Every day, congressional inaction is hurting Americans who need help.
Image of a drab senate hearing, then switch to video of workers in plant

Cut to Bernstein in his office
As President, I will put pressure on Congress to take action on this vital issue, and raise the minimum wage to at least $7.00. We have waited too long, but it's not too late to make a difference.

I'm Alexander Bernstein, and I will fight for all Americans.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #627 on: October 14, 2006, 11:35:45 PM »

Joe... I was wondering if we might have an extention until Monday?  I am not gonna be able to do what I want to before the current deadline... or much else for that matter.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #628 on: October 15, 2006, 11:26:43 AM »

add 70 hours to campaigning in Michigan

Speech in Michigan:
Freedom in America

Hello, and welcome everyone.  It's great to be home.  I grew up here in Michigan, raised by two incredible parents, and I was able to start a family of my own.  I'm very grateful for all that God has given me, and all I've worked for.  And, well, tonight I'm asking you for a promotion-from governor to president.  We live in a great state, surrounded by water as a resource.  We have incredible wildlife and fisheries.  We're home of the automobile.  As the times are changing-not through anyone in particular's fault or idea.  But we're moving through the service-based industry.  To a time of innovation.  Perhaps soon we can run cars off of corn oil, or solar power.  We have great minds in areas of energy and health.  We have an enourmous amount of freedom that other countries simply do not have.  And I'm dedicated preserving that freedom at all costs.  We're a strong country, a strong state, and each of us are strong individuals.  We're the best country in the world, and we deserve the best.  And when I'm President, you won't get anything less than that.  Thank you.

Washington speech-Upcycling

Ladies and Gentlemen.  For years humans have polluted the environment.  For the longest time we've done little or nothing about it.  For now we've got a dilema-but there is a way to solve it.  For the longest time I thought that the free market and environmentalism were incompatible-then I learned about upcycling.  Most recycled products turn into a "lesser" product when they are recycled.  Upcycling is a way to change these products and make them even "better" than when they started off.  For all who are interested-look at William McDonough.  He's a civil engineer who's transforming the way we veiw things.  We can maximize the efficiency of solar panels so that we can store energy-and not have to worry about burning fossil fuels and polluting the air.  There's so many possibilities we can take into account so that we can live the current lifestyle we enjoy and not do harm to the environment.  So, I urge you-vote environmental, vote Cereal.  Thank you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #629 on: October 15, 2006, 12:36:09 PM »

Joe... I was wondering if we might have an extention until Monday?  I am not gonna be able to do what I want to before the current deadline... or much else for that matter.

I may be busy this evening too, so I'll push it back to tomorrow.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #630 on: October 15, 2006, 07:55:24 PM »

Two things (the rest I'll do tomorrow)... both in Michigan o/c

1. 100 hours of general campaigning please

2. Another speech...

===

Let me begin with a short statement: I support universal healthcare, free at the point of need and funded out of general taxation.

Two questions arise out of this; first is "why?", second is "how's this different to all these insurance-based policies many Democrats have come up with over the years?"

For me, healthcare is a moral issue. Why should access to healthcare be determined upon material wealth? Why should a working class family have to drive itself to the financial brink, just to try to get semi-decent healthcare for a sick relative? Why should infant mortality in cities like Detriot be so shockingly high?
The only reason why any of this is the case, is because the healthcare industry is dominated by a bunch of cold, heartless bloodsuckers who care about money and money alone. And that will always be the case with private healthcare; the private sector cannot provide good quality healthcare to the bulk of the population. It has no incentive to do so.
But why not just set up some form of government-backed insurance system?
Two reasons; the first is the fact that, for people who are chronically ill, disabled or just poor, any insurace-based system is inherently humiliating and degrading. Some people might not care what the people who find themselves at the bottom of our society think or feel; I do.
Second is that, once again, a government-propped up insurance based system heavily favours those with more money, those that can buy themselves good healthcare right now, over those who don't have a lot of money, those that are sick, those that need good healthcare and cannot get it. The way round this is to subsidese health insurance for those in need... the problem with this idea is the cost, the bureaucracy and the waste.
Far better to just fund the whole thing out of general taxation; and bearing in mind how much money is already spent on subsidised insurance to certain social groups, most of you might actually get good healthcare, free at the point of use, and the chance for higher social spending or a tax cut.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #631 on: October 16, 2006, 02:13:39 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2006, 02:16:10 PM by Supersoulty »

Washington

You must be logged in to read this quote.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #632 on: October 16, 2006, 02:51:12 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2006, 02:57:53 PM by Supersoulty »

Ads

Run both of these at Level 2

Washington

Run both of these at Level 1

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #633 on: October 16, 2006, 02:59:27 PM »

Joe... I revamped the "New Century" Speech, and there is a slight difference in the "The Future" Ad from Washington to Michigan... if that has any effect, then I just wanted to bring it to your attention.  Thanks.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #634 on: October 16, 2006, 03:06:15 PM »

One final thing... I would like to spend 30 hours of campaign time in Michigan... thank you.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #635 on: October 16, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »

This is to be a level three advert (expensive, yes, but...) and is to be shown in Michigan...

---

Voiceover: Michigan is in a mess...

Shots of inner city Detroit, industrial ruins, a ticker thing showing the number of unemployed grow and so on

...we keep losing thousands of manufacturing jobs each year...

Shots of people filing out from work for the very last time etc

...unemployment keeps on rising...

Graph shows the ever-increasing unemployment rate in Michigan

...while in our cities, poverty continues to increase with frightening speed...

Graph shows the rise in people living under the poverty line in Detriot, 2000 to 2005

...blighting the lives of yet another generation...

Shots of sad children in Detriot

...but despite all of this, politicians and the Establishment have not lifted a finger to help Us... they are too busy enriching themselves with public money and getting cosy with lobbyists...

Shots of crooked politicians, drinking french wine and laughing with lobbyists. Many open suitcases with money in them lie open around the room

...to care about Us or our children. To help Us or our children. Too busy to do anything but wallow around in their own self-importance and greed... what Michigan needs, what America needs, what We need is a fresh start...

Shots of a Minister preaching to crowds, helping in soup kitchens, talking to children etc

...the Reverend Al Widdershins is a native of Michigan, has spent his life fighting for ordinary people, and understands what We want, better than an entire legion of politicians and lobbyists.

It's time to fight back.

---
I'm Al Widdershins and I approve of this message
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #636 on: October 16, 2006, 06:37:22 PM »

Okay, the results for MI and WA are now up; congrats to the winners!

Maine is now open for business, and the deadline will be this Thursday.  I realize that many of you usually wait on me to do the analyses before proceeding, so you can expect to see them by tomorrow at the latest.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #637 on: October 16, 2006, 07:08:57 PM »

Victory speech:

---

The only two words I want to say now are Thank You!

But I guess some others are needed as well.

Today, you have voted to fight back against the political and business "elite" that has been running this state, and other industrial states, into the ground for too long!
You have voted for new ideas instead of reheated policies from the past.
You have voted for a sane healthcare system, driven by need and not by profit.
You have voted for a fresh start for Michigan... and America.
But you have also voted for some lefty preacher who grew up and lives here.
And I don't think I will ever be able to express quite how... wonderful... that feels.
You have put your trust in me, and I will not fail you.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #638 on: October 16, 2006, 07:23:04 PM »

Thanks to everyone who voted for me.  We're still in the lead, and we'll never give it up, will we?

crowd: "NO!"
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #639 on: October 17, 2006, 12:35:56 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2006, 12:39:08 AM by Supersoulty »

Okay, the results for MI and WA are now up; congrats to the winners!

Maine is now open for business, and the deadline will be this Thursday.  I realize that many of you usually wait on me to do the analyses before proceeding, so you can expect to see them by tomorrow at the latest.

Two questions:

1) Since you don't have any official stuff up for Maine yet, I am assuming that it is the same as New Hampshire, but with fewer delegates at stake.

2) I'm really not trying to be an asshole with this question... do I get extra momentum for coming within 10% of a state's sitting governor?  That is a major expectations victory.  Seriously, my goal in Michigan was just to show up and get delegates... I was thinking 20% would be a victory!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2006, 02:23:57 PM »

Just a heads up Joe, I think you may have miscalculated Soulty's resulting hours (I think you missed the 30 hours spent campaigning in Michigan).
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #641 on: October 17, 2006, 08:28:29 PM »

Ok, the analyses for MI & WA are up.  I wanted to put up the new information, but I don't think I'm going to have time tonight.

Two questions:

1) Since you don't have any official stuff up for Maine yet, I am assuming that it is the same as New Hampshire, but with fewer delegates at stake.

2) I'm really not trying to be an asshole with this question... do I get extra momentum for coming within 10% of a state's sitting governor?  That is a major expectations victory.  Seriously, my goal in Michigan was just to show up and get delegates... I was thinking 20% would be a victory!

1) Yep.  It'll be 14 delegates, FYI.

2) I won't really provide "extra" momentum, but basically, the better you do in each state and the more primaries you win at each stage, the higher your momentum will be.  Don't forget, there is still a possibility that Cereal could come within ten points of you in Maine, or even more.

Just a heads up Joe, I think you may have miscalculated Soulty's resulting hours (I think you missed the 30 hours spent campaigning in Michigan).

Thanks.  I'd better fix it now, so that it's out of the way.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #642 on: October 17, 2006, 09:18:57 PM »

Two things I have learned from AF Primaries:

1) In Joe's world the pundits are always right so do what they tell you to do in the analysis.

2) Soulty has no life. Tongue
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #643 on: October 17, 2006, 10:35:48 PM »

Important Speech:

I hereby pleadge to endorse, not including Rep. Nighthawk, whoever places last in Tennessee.  I am doing this because Tennessee is a crappy state and deserves to have a campaign meant to demean and terrorize it.  DEATH TO THE SOUTH!  Democrats should never give the South the time of day!  All Southerners are ignorant hicks!  IO seriously hope the Dmeocratic candidate this election will not have his victory marred by winning an evil Southern state.  Thank you for your time.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #644 on: October 17, 2006, 11:29:44 PM »

Important Speech:

I hereby pleadge to endorse, not including Rep. Nighthawk, whoever places last in Tennessee.  I am doing this because Tennessee is a crappy state and deserves to have a campaign meant to demean and terrorize it.  DEATH TO THE SOUTH!  Democrats should never give the South the time of day!  All Southerners are ignorant hicks!  IO seriously hope the Dmeocratic candidate this election will not have his victory marred by winning an evil Southern state.  Thank you for your time.
I've worked so hard to end ignorant, intolerant attitudes like this, but as you can see, we have a long, long way to go. Sad
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #645 on: October 18, 2006, 08:41:06 PM »

Okay... well I guess I'll get this party started...

I'll devote 20 campaign hours to my home state and I will have one speech, to be posted tomorrow.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #646 on: October 18, 2006, 10:42:26 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2006, 02:27:58 PM by Akno21 »

Maine:

18 general campaign hours
Level 1 Organization
Level 1 Ad:

Alexander Bernstein has a record of service to this country. During his term as Secretary of State,

*Picture of Bernstein shaking hands with formally dressed men and women

He developed working relationships with representatives from all over the world.

*Picture of Bernstein with Middle Eastern leaders

He presided over some of the most successful Israeli-Palestinian peace talks in history.

*Picture of Bernstein with North Korean leaders

He worked out a deal with North Korea regarding its nuclear program

*Picture of Bernstein at Congress

He operated in a bi-partisan manner with support from both parties.

Cut to Bernstein standing in front of State Fair

As the partisan bickering in Washington grows greater every day, the need for a leader who can reach across party lines and get things done becomes ever clearer. I've brought people together across the world, and I can do it here at home too.

I'm Alexander Bernstein, and I approve this message.

Speech 1:

The United States has taken the lead on global issues in the past, whether it be space exploration, the fight against disease, or any number of issues. However, we are lagging behind in the environmental protection battle. There is no reason why only California should be implementing tough fuel emissions standards. There is no reason not for this to be a federal issue. Every state, not just California, should be better off environmentally, and our whole country should not be falling behind other countries when it to comes protecting the environment, especially considering we are its worst polluters. Were I to become President, I would submit the Kyoto Protocol to the Senate and do all I could to ensure ratification. Were I President, I would not have anyone in my administration who fudged EPA reports. I would promote policies that provide incentives to both businesses and consumers to develop and use environmentally friendly cars. I would put the environment, the world we live in, above the interests above rich businessmen who care only about their own bottom line. It is time that we take the lead on a problem we helped create.

Speech 2:

Education is a vital priority for me. Without a solid educational system, our country cannot grow and expand upon what we have. Right now, we are at an important point. There is a huge disparity in our schools between the haves and the have-nots. If you are not well-off, it is hard for your child to receive a quality education. That is not the America I know. Therefore, if you send me to the White House, I will propose to congress legislation to focus our education efforts where they need to be, on the schools that need help. We don’t need to reward the wealthy and successful; we need to ensure equal opportunity for all children in the United States.

Speech 3:

In today's polarized world, we cannot afford to create unnecessary divisions, such as ones based on geography. Recently, some in this primary have tried to attract voters by touting their state, and others have harshly attacked an entire region of the country. Both actions are totally unnecessary and not fit for a true campaign about the issues that face us as we move forward. I firmly believe that this election is far too important to be decided based on who lives where, or who has a grudge against a certainr region of the country. We are all one country, a country of states, yes, but a country nonetheless. It is not right to run a campaign that pits one part of the country against the other, and so blatantly so. If one runs a campaign like that, how will they run the White House? I pledge to govern for all Americans, and not just for a certain group of people.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #647 on: October 19, 2006, 12:00:15 AM »

Important Speech:

I've worked so hard to end ignorant, intolerant attitudes like this, but as you can see, we have a long, long way to go. Sad

What?  As my real self I don't believe that, I just thought I throw something into the election mix.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #648 on: October 19, 2006, 12:17:40 AM »

Important Speech:

What?  As my real self I don't believe that, I just thought I throw something into the election mix.
I think that's how a two-term governor of Mississippi who's already made a big point in the campaign about how he's made fewer people think that would respond.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #649 on: October 19, 2006, 12:34:19 AM »

One speech:
I'm really not trying to be an asshole with this question... do I get extra momentum for coming within 10% of a state's sitting governor?  That is a major expectations victory.  Seriously, my goal in Michigan was just to show up and get delegates... I was thinking 20% would be a victory!
is what Chris Soult said.  Now I'm not a 'fighting' man, but frankly, this sounds just arrogant on his part.  To come to Michigan at the very last minute after asking Joe for an extention on the game isn't exactly the kind of campaign I run.  I realize that I'm probably not going to do well in this state, nor am I trying to 'win Maine' here, but I do think that ultimately Joe Republic has a last say in this game.  Vote for integrity, vote for Cereal.  Thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies