The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:05:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The 2014 primary season ends (Sept. 9: DE, MA, NH, NY, RI)  (Read 146336 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« on: May 06, 2014, 07:27:58 PM »

These sites also work pretty good for those who live around Northeast Ohio. Statewide races/issues are still covered on these links, but there's also some local coverage as well especially on Issue 7, Cuyahoga County Executive, some school levies and judgeships, and central committees.

http://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/RaceResultsAll.aspx

http://www.wkyc.com/elections/

And I'm happy to say......ED FITZGERALD HAS WON THE DEMOCRATIC NOMINATION FOR OHIO GOVERNOR!!!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Despite the fact that 45% of Ohioans still don't know anything about him, he's leading former criminal convict and marijuana activist Larry Ealy 89-11 with only a few precincts reporting. Unfortunately, John KaSick went unopposed and will advance to the general. I voted for Fitz, of course. Charlie Earl unfortunately didn't make the primary ballot either after being denied access by a number of federal courts and denied emergency action by the U.S. Supreme Court.

In the Secretary of State race, Republican incumbent Jon Husted goes unopposed and Democratic State Senator Nina Turner of Cleveland goes unopposed. I voted for Turner.

In the Attorney General race, Republican AG Mike DeWine advances to the general unopposed as does former Hamilton County Commissioner David Pepper for the Dems. I voted for Pepper, reluctantly.

In the Treasurer race, incumbent Josh Mandel, shockingly did go unopposed and will be the Republican in the general against State Rep Connie Pillich (D) of Cincinnati. I voted for Pillich.

For Cuyahoga County Executive, as expected, Armond Budish (D), State Rep and former Ohio Speaker, has a huge lead and a lot of is in part from his party backing and tons and tons of endorsements he's received despite spending little to none of his 6 figure campaign cash so far. There's no percentages, but Budish leads with 27,840 votes to State Senator Shirley Smith's 7,464 to Activist Tim Russo's 3,000 votes exactly to County Sheriff Bob Reid's 2,786 to former North Olmsted Mayor's Tom O'Grady's (who my former history professor knows) 2,002 votes. I did end up voting for Budish and luckily, it seems he will be our next Executive. A great liberal to succeed FitzGerald. Purple heart

On Issue 7, which #KeepsClevelandStrong, it's passing 62-38 (42,673 - 26,506) even with low turnout and a number of defectee "Democrats" who opposed the issue because "mah weed and alcohol." We'll be able to create thousands of jobs now by funding our sports stadiums for another 20 years by extending the tax on alcohol and cigarettes and creating good paying jobs and boosting economic growth! I voted for Keeping Cleveland Strong.

I'll update you guys on the other races in a little bit.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:03:33 PM »

On Issue 7, which #KeepsClevelandStrong, it's passing 62-38 (42,673 - 26,506) even with low turnout and a number of defectee "Democrats" who opposed the issue because "mah weed and alcohol."

Not a particularly unexpected result, but Sad
It's really for the county's benefit, though. According to Crain's Cleveland Business, "The tax works out to one cent per glass of wine, one-and-a-half cents per bottle of beer, and less than five cents per pack of cigarettes. They are small prices to pay to maintain these valuable assets for another generation." So the tax isn't as "killer" as people think and it's simply just a renewal of the same tax from the 1990s to be extended another 2 decades. I think people, especially the poor, can give up a few extra cents to pay to maintain our sports stadiums (which btw sports owners already pay a large chunk of to maintain) and as a result, get a return from the owners by investing in our schools and community, prevent cuts to county services, boosts population growth and activity in Cleveland, and will help our unemployment situation significantly.

In NC-2, Aiken's leading 42-40 over the state Secretary of Commerce with 1/3rd of precincts in there, so here's hoping Aiken can pull it off! Besides the GOP primary, that's one of the few races I care about in North Carolina.

And for the Ohio U.S. House races since those haven't been mentioned yet:

OH-1: Rep Steve Chabot (R), wins his primary unopposed and will face either Fred Kundrata or Jim Prues depending on who wins the Democratic primary. The primary is too close to call. Chabot is safe though b/c Prues is pretty much perennial and Kundrata is a freaking former Republican. Definitely no Steve Driehaus and the chances of picking of Chabot are little to none.

OH-2: Rep Brad Wenstrup (R), wins his primary unopposed and Marek Tyszkiewicz (D), a businessman, seems to be the frontrunner to face Wenstrup. If William Smith gets the nomination though, it will be Wenstrup v. Smith II. Ronny Richards is a Vietnam War veteran if he gets the nom and Sheil is a musician. Wenstrup is safe though (safer than Chabot, in fact) and the district is east of Cincinnati near the border of KY and WV.

OH-3: Rep Joyce Beatty (D), wins her primary unopposed, but the GOP primary is kind of interesting and close at the moment between an NRA darling in Eric Vennon and a former councilman in John Adams (not the state rep and not the President)! Beatty's of course, safe no matter who's nominee. Her district is Columbus and doesn't contain many of the wealthy burbs.

OH-4: Rep Jim Jordan (R), a hard-right conservative who unfortunately Lorain County is stuck with goes unopposed both in the primary and general, but there is an Oberlin teacher and union activist, Janet Patricia Garrett (D), who might make the ballot in November if she can get 50 write-in votes tonight which shouldn't be much of a problem b/c like I said, OH-4 has Atlas red Elyria.

OH-5: Rep Bob Latta (R) wins re-nomination unopposed and his opponent will be Robert Fry (D). The district is in NW Ohio and doesn't contain Toledo either so besides carrying Wood County, the Fryman is out of luck.

OH-6: The interesting one. Rep Bill Johnson (R) wins re-nomination unopposed and homophobic bigot and former state rep, Jennifer Garrison (D), easily beats her opponent Greg Howard (D) who's a little-known farmer. Johnson has the advantage and he even managed to beat former Rep Charlie Wilson in 2012, but I wouldn't count Garrison out, yet.

OH-7: Absolute shame what happened here. Rep Bob Gibbs (R) wins his primary and automatically wins re-election in November besides facing a no-name Independent b/c John Boccieri let us down and actually didn't run here and the other Democrat, Robert Fisher, dropped out a few months ago, so what could have been competitive now isn't, at all. Sad

OH-8: Rep John Boehner (R) has unfortunately defeated his main threat, Tea Party challenger J.D. Winteregg, a former French teacher, 69-22 and not that it matters really, but the Democratic nominee looks to be college professor Tom Poetter who leads Guyette 55-45.  

OH-9: (My district!) Rep Marcy Kaptur (D) was supposed to have a primary challenger in Cory Hoffman (D), an attorney, but he dropped out and Kaptur easily wins. She'll either face Robert Horrocks (R), a salesman, or Richard May (R), a Tea Partier who supports repealing Obamacare and leads 73-27! *Crosses fingers for May to get the nom*

OH-10: Rep Mike Turner (R) easily beats his primary challenger 79-21 and Dems, no matter if it's Klepinger or Connor, a veteran will be facing Turner in the general in a district that isn't all that conservative. Turner's favored of course (and in fact, he beat Sharen Neuhardt in 2012), but not safe yet.

OH-11: Rep Marcia Fudge (D) wins re-nomination unopposed and Mark Zetzer (R), an anti-tax activist, wins the GOP Primary unopposed. Yeah.....Fudge will win.

OH-12: Rep Pat Tiberi (R) one of the safest incumbents in OH behind Boehner and Jordan wins re-nomination unopposed and Democrats have nominated David Tibbs who formerly worked for the U.S. Treasury. There's also a Green candidate in the race to, so all the more benefit to Tiberi. Safe R.

OH-13: Rep Tim Ryan (D) beats his primary challenger, John Luchansky (D), 85-15. Luchansky wanted to make known some murder that upset him from 1996, but his candidacy was totally a joke and didn't focus on Ryan or the issues at all. There's also a write-in Republican trying to challenge Ryan, but Ryan's a great Congressman and will get re-elected.

OH-14: The big one of the night! 59% of precincts are reporting and Rep David Joyce (R) who has the backing former Rep Steve LaTourette leads state representative Matt Lynch (R) 56-44 with about 4,000 votes between them. Michael Wager (D), an attorney and former Cuyahoga County Port Authority Chair, is running as the lone Democrat. Lynch is Tea Party backed and FreedomWorks endorsed running on a "Faith, Family and Freedom" platform and thinks Joyce is "not conservative enough" and a liberal Republican lol. Wager also got into the game and noted how Lynch is "too extreme" for Ohio because of his OH Right to Life and Nat'l Assoc. for Gun Rights endorsements or in other words, trying to get conservatives to appeal to him to vote for him b/c clearly, Wager would have a much better shot against Lynch than Joyce. The GOP primary is still close to call imo, but tilting towards Joyce.

OH-15: Polling from October 2013 had Rep Steve Stivers (R) in trouble, but he's likely to get re-elected. He beat his perennial primary challenger 90-10 and is facing his old 2012 Democratic challenger, Scott Wharton, a pilot.

OH-16: Rep Jim Renacci (R) wins his primary unopposed and Dems have a strong candidate now in former state rep Pete Crossland who leads little known challenger Donenwirth 59-41. It probably leans Renacci in the general.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 07:47:16 PM »

From the early results so far, Nick Casey seems to be underperforming against Moore while Rahall has an early massive lead over Army Major Richard Ojeda. And no surprise that Tennant and Capito beat their no-name opponents, but history will be made no matter what in November by electing its first female Senator, Tennant or Capito, in the state's history and if Capito can win this, it will be the first WV GOP win in 6 decades so a lot's at stake here.

Polls close in less than 15 minutes in Nebraska. It should definitely be emphasized how Omaha, NE got hit by those two horrible tornadoes on Monday, so there will be lower turnout for sure there and it will be interesting to see if Rep. Terry can survive his primary challenge. I'm rooting for Sasse in the Senate primary given how be supports amnesty for illegal immigrants (unlike Osborn) and supports a constitutional amendment for term-limits for Congress. Unfortunately he did say he would vote for McConnell as leader though even after his comments about "actual leadership," but he's young and motivated for the job and I really just hope he can avoid being Fishered by Dinsdale tonight.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 09:47:00 PM »

Here's what I don't get about Ernst.

How did she manage to get both massive tea party support and massive establishment (US Chamber of Commerce + Marco Rubio) support?  Are castration ads really that effective to GOP donors?
Before Ernst released her castration-squeal ad, the IA Senate race (including the GOP Primary) was barely mentioned at all in national media except being considered a potential GOP pickup. The repeal, "gun to Obamacare" thing is what won the support of people like Sarah Palin and the Tea Party while the fact that Ernst emphasized her farming background and her conservative credentials won over the establishment and Romney.

And yay! There's still hope for McDaniel!!! Cheesy

For the recent other updates, Walsh is still crushing the anti-gay Bohlinger while Lewis is still winning handily in the Dem House primary and Stapleton is leading Zinke 36-33 with 2% in.

Also in New Mexico, Allen Weh, the former NM GOP Party Chairman recovers from his 2010 gubernatorial loss and will be Udall's bait. He beat David Clements 63-37 who's best known for plagiarizing Rand Paul.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:03:11 PM »

AP calls the Senate GOP Primary for Daines. No real surprise, but oddly enough, Cundiff is outperforming Edmunds which I wasn't expecting. Senator Walsh leads Bohlinger 64-23, but still no call here.

Zaun still favored to win IA-3's GOP Primary which is awesome for a huge pickup opportunity, but his lead is dropping against Cramer. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely Kajtazovic will win the Dem primary for Braley's open IA-1 seat. AP just called the Senate primary for Ernst, so that's good for us!

McDaniel is exactly at 49.9% against Cochran's 48.4% with 87% in. My God this is close! It's looking like Palazzo will beat Taylor in MS-4, but he can at best try for a runoff with him.

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »

For the recent other updates, Walsh is still crushing the anti-gay Bohlinger while Lewis is still winning handily in the Dem House primary and Stapleton is leading Zinke 36-33 with 2% in.

"Gay, lesbian and bisexual Americans lived in the shadows. An outed gay man was regarded as a security risk, a potential traitor and not entitled to any position of trust." - John Bohlinger, listing reasons why the 1950s were bad.

"America has changed, and some of have learned and permitted our thoughts and beliefs to change and grow as well. The average American is not a financially successful middle-aged heterosexual Christian white guy. We are gay and straight, male, female and transgendered, we have pale skins or dark skins, we are young and old." - John Bohlinger on Americans.

If you're going to attack the guy, at least do so accurately.
Bohlinger's own campaign website isn't exactly going to tell the whole truth considering his record shows Bohlinger's history has him supporting hate crime laws, but not same-sex marriage. Walsh himself recently endorsed SSM. And while we're talking about this, AP calls the race for Walsh! Woooo Cheesy

Amazing how we just saw a huge reversal of fortune for Cochran. Now it's Cochran who has to pray that McDaniel doesn't get above 50% and McDaniel is pretty dang close to it with more than 9/10th's of precincts in. Palazzo's still above 50%.

In Iowa, Pat Murphy has been called in IA-1's Dem primary so he's likely to win that seat and Brad Zaun is down to 29% against Cramer with 70% in. :/  Come on Zaun!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 11:50:42 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2014, 11:57:35 PM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

CA-07: Almost 50% and Ose leads Birman 26-15.
Dang. This sucks for Bera, then. Sad  CA-52 had a lot of crossovers with a contested GOP primary and DeMaio is likely to face Peters on that end. CA-31 has Chabot easily going to the runoff, but too close to call between Aguilar and Reyes. I'm crossing my fingers for Aguilar. Nearby in CA-33, our worst fear of Williamson (I) making the runoff is not going to happen (thank God). Elan Carr is going to the runoff against either Wendy Greuel or Ted Lieu. And not that it matters, but it looks like John Dennis will be the lucky GOPer to get squashed by Pelosi. Tongue  Peiser is going to be the Dem nominee against Issa.

The Tea Party is also failing on a statewide end in CA to with Donnelly who trails "liberal" Republican (as Mark Levin refers to him as) Neel Kashkari by more than 53,000 votes, but Donnelly still has time to make that up.

AP also projects John Lewis to win the Dem primary in MT-AL district. The GOP Primary is still way too close to call, but Zinke is starting to pull away from Stapleton and probably has the advantage as the Chamber of Commerce-backed and candidate with the most $. Unfortunately, while Lewis has a better chance at winning with Zinke, it would have been awesome if Tea Party darling Rosendale got the nomination, but he's in third right now.

And 98% is in from MS-Sen with McDaniel at 49.6%. It looks like it's going to a runoff, but with lower turnout from Cochran supporters and McDaniel's camp still likely to show up in big numbers, it's time to primary Cochran (in 3 weeks)!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »

Brat now leads the House Majority Leader 60-40 with 22% of the vote in (a 3,000 vote lead). I swear if the inevitable happens tonight, we could be looking at a Speaker Kevin McCarthy, but it's still early and Cantor should have a comeback here.

In VA-1, Wittman is easily beating his primary challenger.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:12 PM »

Brat now leads the House Majority Leader 60-40 with 22% of the vote in (a 3,000 vote lead). I swear if the inevitable happens tonight, we could be looking at a Speaker Kevin McCarthy, but it's still early and Cantor should have a comeback here.

In VA-1, Wittman is easily beating his primary challenger.

You mean majority leader McCarthy, right?

Brat still holding a 56-44 lead with over half in. These are amazing results!
Not necessarily. Boehner is in talks now that he won't even run for Speaker again and even if he did, the House would never give him his majority needed. That would leave McCarthy next in line from a House leadership standpoint (the House GOP might go another route, though).

72% of the vote is in and Brat leads 56-44 over Cantor which is about a 6,000 vote difference. I can't believe it happened, but Cantor is going down! Who would have thought. Though MSNBC did cover this race in which Cantor recently got booed at a town hall for dissing Brat and it did look he would really be in trouble tonight.

Rep. Wittman is easily projected to win his primary, though.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 06:57:59 PM »

One things for sure though, we're swapping a brat for a Brat in Virginia's 7th congressional district. Wink

Unfortunate though that Cantor couldn't have Boehner. I would much rather love to see a Rep. Winteregg than a Rep. Brat and I much rather prefer Cantor to freaking Boehner.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 07:14:26 PM »

While the Tea Party lucked out in Virginia, that's not looking to be the same in South Carolina.

The early vote leads in SC-Sen (G) have Graham leading the pack with 65% to Bright's 14% and Cash is pulling third. In the Democratic primary, luckily, Sen. Hutto is easily winning there over Jay Stamper - the same guy who made websites of Ohio legislators that directed people to cooking methods of turning breast milk into cheese.

SC-Sen (S), unfortunately, Tea Party darling and Haley-appointee Sen. Tim Scott (R) is easily winning his primary over his little known challenger. Joyce Dickerson is the favorite to win the Democratic nomination.

And MSNBC has officially projected Cantor to lose his House seat tonight!!! Obviously we shouldn't try and defeat Brat in the general because there's little to no chance, but wow. Just wow. Putting immigration reform into the House's agenda was the biggest mistake Cantor ever made and this is by far the biggest upset we'll have this year in the 2014 midterms. #CantorforSenate2018, perhaps?

Why couldn't Cantor be Boehner though? Sad Sad Sad 
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 07:42:23 PM »

Am I the only Democrat who's not happy about this? Reason and moderation lost, the Tea Party is back. Ugh.
I'm kind of unhappy about it, but as long as Boehner doesn't stay Speaker and David Brat makes a fool of himself and the party in the House, I'm cool! Cantor actually expressed signs of wanting to get stuff done in finding a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants while Boehner acts by sitting in breakfast diners lying to teenage girls about his views on the subject. Plus it's worth noting that a few weeks ago, Cantor cast a vote against prohibiting medical marijuana raids while Boehner didn't vote on it.

I'm kind of tempted to say though that the nation deserves to have a say in whether Boehner keeps his seat in the House because clearly, OH-8 voters are clueless and incapable of making the right decision on their own.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 07:50:27 PM »

ME-2 - 5% of the precincts are in with a huge early lead for Emily Cain. Poliquin actually leads Raye right now to in the early vote 67-33, but he is on the same ballot as the unopposed Paul LePage, so it should be interesting to see how that one goes.

Arkansas's Attorney General GOP runoff has Rutledge narrowly leading Sterling 51-49.

And since the last South Carolina update, our very own Rep. Joe "YOU LIE!" Wilson survived his primary challenge tonight 86-14. Sanford, Duncan, Trey Gowdy (a potential Speaker replacement if Boehner steps down), Mulvaney, Clyburn and Rice all won as well.

In the Senate races, unsurprisingly, the two Dems, Brad Hutto and Joyce Dickerson will be facing Graham and Scott, respectively in November. This is assuming Graham survives his primary tonight and he's polling 61-13 now over Bright.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 08:03:16 PM »

Am I the only Democrat who's not happy about this? Reason and moderation lost, the Tea Party is back. Ugh.

LOL. Cantor is not in any way reasonable or moderate.

He is compared to the other guy.

Eh...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I see nothing in here that is even slightly indicative of moderation. He got out pandered, plain and simple. Him and Brat's ideologies are almost identical. And now the House Majority Leader has been dethroned by an irrelevant back bencher. Big win for the Tea Party and also the Democrats, who benefit from a chaotic GOP.
Cantor did introduce and vote for the Kids First Research Act which gained bipartisan support in the House and Senate and was signed by President Obama. The bill will be taxpayer funded towards researching pediatric diseases. I'm not defending the guy, but he's still better than "Do Nothing" Boehner.

ME-2 - 9% of precincts reporting and Cain has a sizable 74-26 lead over Jackson and Poliquin is leading Raye 61-39. Well, it's going to suck getting Cain as the Democratic nominee here, but not as much as it will suck for Republicans to lose whatever chance they had at a pickup.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »

Not that it matters, but North Dakota closed their polls 8 minutes ago. Republican Rep. Kevin Cramer will be going up against State Sen. George Sinner (D), the son of former Governor George A. Sinner, in November. ND doesn't have a Governor or Senate election this year.

ME-2 - 19% in and Cain has a 46 point (1,200 vote) lead over Jackson 73-27. Poliquin is widening his lead vote over Kevin Raye and leading 62-38. The LePage Tea Partier just might be able to pull this out.

In the SC (G) GOP primary, Graham's numbers are falling a little now leading with only 59% of the vote, though he's likely to survive as the polls have suggested this whole time. Democratic State Senator Brad Hutto will be his opponent in November.

On the other jumble of SC races, incumbent Republican Bob Livingston survives to see another day as Adjutant General as will Agriculture Commissioner Hugh Weathers. It looks like McMaster will be succeeding McConnell as the Lt. Gov., and the race still hasn't been called for Treasurer Curtis Loftis (R), but he does lead 62-38. It will officially be Haley v. Shaheen in November now, to.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2014, 08:38:30 PM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

99% in, it never got closer. Cantor loses by 12 points. Wow.

This is awful. What reason did enough Republicans in his district feel he should be ousted?
Cantor had a massive cash and ad advantage on Brat and was storming fliers into mailboxes that he opposed amnesty. Brat didn't let up though and Cantor was getting booed head on at town halls for calling Brat's statements "inaccurate" and despite spending, spending and more spending, Cantor lost his right-hand man as local Republican Party Chairman to an anti-Cantor, Tea Party Chairman.

It's going to suck to see Cain replacing Michaud, but hey, it could be worse. Tongue
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »

99% in, it never got closer. Cantor loses by 12 points. Wow.

This is awful. What reason did enough Republicans in his district feel he should be ousted?
Cantor had a massive cash and ad advantage on Brat and was storming fliers into mailboxes that he opposed amnesty. Brat didn't let up though and Cantor was getting booed head on at town halls for calling Brat's statements "inaccurate" and despite spending, spending and more spending, Cantor lost his right-hand man as local Republican Party Chairman to an anti-Cantor, Tea Party Chairman.

It's going to suck to see Cain replacing Michaud, but hey, it could be worse. Tongue

What's wrong with Emily Cain? I know pretty much nothing about her (or her opponent).

The pervading narrative, at least here on the forum, is that she is more of a pro-business, DLC type.

edited to add: Oh, and apparently she's a traitor for voting for the state budget.
Well, those are the problem's Sawx has with her, but she also has a high NRA rating, to. She might be pro-business, but she still supports a minimum wage hike plus she is more socially liberal on issues like abortion and SSM than Jackson is. Jackson is pro-life, anti-SSM, pro-gun and basically socially conservative, but is more fiscally liberal than Cain on things like unemployment benefits and labor rights.

So actually, I think I made the wrong endorsement lol. I would prefer Cain to Jackson, plus, Cain is younger and can hold the seat for a much longer time.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 09:23:22 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2014, 09:26:10 PM by Midwest Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

It will officially be Haley v. Shaheen in November now, to.

This is South Carolina, not New Hampshire.  It's Sheheen, not Shaheen.  Still remains to see what impact if any, Ervin's run as an Independent Republican will have.
Whoops. That is a big mistake when one's a total DINO (Sheheen), but with Ervin and a Libertarian in the race, this might be worth watching still throughout the year. And speaking of spoiler candidates, could Ravenel steal enough votes from Graham to give Hutto even the slightest chance?

Polls have closed in Nevada btw, but no results yet. Hyepock seems to be the favorite though to win the Dem nomination and Sandoval will of course win his primary. In terms of House races, I'm pulling for Innis in NV-4 because he really isn't a half-bad Republican as someone who supports legal immigration and fighting income inequality. Horsford should be able to win no matter what, anyways. As for NV-3, Bilbray should easily get the nomination to face Heck. She's backed by Emily's List (no surprise), the Democratic establishment and her father is also former U.S. Representative.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »

Oh yeah, also, let's cross our fingers that Lowden gets the GOP nomination for Lt. Governor. The polling suggests she will and although she benefits from name recognition, it's very awful name recognition at that.  Hutchinson is the establishment, Sandoval-backed candidate and Lowden is the Tea Party, Limbaugh-Hannity darling who's facing heavy debt problems from her 2010 run and is running against the state exchange and is even facing heat from her own base for supporting Reid many years ago. Basically, she's an utter trainwreck and Flores will be favored if Lowden wins. If Hutchinson gets the nomination, Dems would probably be out of luck.

And keep in mind, this election right here matters a lot in Sandoval's decision in whether or not he'll challenge Harry Reid in 2016 because if he does and he wins, Dems would have the Governorship and the NV GOP would hate Sandoval if that happened. So basically, the pressure is on Sandoval if Lowden escapes her primary tonight.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »

If it's any sign of anything, Trammell is beating Brat at something.....the RateMyProfessor ratings in which Trammell has a 3.7/5 among his students and Brat 3.4/5. Tongue  Trammell, a sociology teacher, has positive ratings from 2 of his 3 students in which the positive one says he's "passionate" and "makes you want to learn" while the negative one says he "rambles" a lot. Brat, the economic teacher, has 2 comments just from today (def. not a coincidence lol) and others say he's funny, animated, "charming", "hot" Huh, but is difficult to follow in his classes and quizzes.

NV-Lt-Gov - Currently, Flores is leading easily with 73% and in fact, "none of these candidates" is doing better than Flores unknown challenger lol. On the GOP side, Hutchinson leads 55-36 over Lowden, but no precincts are reporting, so it's still too close to call for sure.

NV-1 - Rep. Dina Titus (D) is easily winning her primary 83-17.

NV-2 - Rep. Mark Amodei (R) goes unopposed in his primary and whoever he faces among the Dems (Kristen Spees leads with 39% now), he'll likely crush in the general.

NV-3 - Erin Bilbray leading her unknown challenger in the Dem primary 84-16. It's an even district south of Las Vegas, so this seat is a much bigger possible pickup than NV-2 is.

NV-4 - Rep. Horsford (D) easily winning his primary and actually, it seems the Republican nominee will be Cresent Hardy who's high up in the Republican leadership in the NV legislature who leads over Niger Innis 45-29.

And OMG, The "None of these candidates" option leads the Democratic pack with 29% of the vote. LOL. Just LOL. Please. Make that happen.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »

The early MS-Sen results have Cochran narrowly leading 56-44 with 10% of the vote in. It seems there's also a Democratic runoff to determine who Gregg Harper's bait will be in November in MS-3.

Maryland Democrats look ready to nominate Anthony Brown as expected; he leads the pack 58-21-19 with an over 38,000 vote lead over Gansler. Hogan is winning the GOP primary 43-30 over Craig. In the House races, no main projections yet, but notably Van Hollen, Cummings, Ruppersberger, Sarbanes and Edwards seem to be coasting in their primaries. House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer wins his primary unopposed.

In Oklahoma, Inhofe is projected to win his Republican primary; he's winning with a bigger percentage of the vote than I was expecting. Silverstein wins the Dem primary unopposed. In the special, lucky for Lankford he's pulling above 50% with 13% of precincts reporting and it looks like Rogers/Hayes are keeping Johnson from breaking 50% in the Dem primary. For Governor, Fallin is projected to win her race, but there's some deep hatred against her because she's only getting 3/4ths of the primary vote against her no-name opponents. She's facing State Rep Joe Dorman (D) in November.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »

There's also a big State House seat to watch in Oklahoma tonight - HD 91 - the GOP primary. Scott Esk, the massive homophobe who wants gays killed is thankfully trailing in the early returns with only 15 votes out of 373 counted so far. I really want to hope that the constituents of this district have at least some heart tonight and reject Esk.

Cochran's lead has lessened a bit, 55-45, over McDaniel with 12% in. These returns are still very early and I still see a big McDaniel comeback very likely in the coming returns.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Any reason why you think that?
There's still a lot of vote to be counted in the Northeast yet which was mostly McDaniel territory last time, and as Antineutrino said, there's a lot of McDaniel votes to be counted yet. 31% is in now and Cochran's margin is even less now, so it's going to happen. McDaniel will win as everyone has said all along! Wink

There's also a big State House seat to watch in Oklahoma tonight - HD 91 - the GOP primary. Scott Esk, the massive homophobe who wants gays killed is thankfully trailing in the early returns with only 15 votes out of 373 counted so far. I really want to hope that the constituents of this district have at least some heart tonight and reject Esk.
Didn't know about this, but I hope so, too.
Looks like he's going to lose! Cheesy

10% is in and Oklahoma's local, "libertarian" homophobe has a whole 25 votes!!! I bet those are mostly from relatives and close friends of his because I just don't see who else would really vote for this guy.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 08:51:33 PM »

Yay! Lankford wins! I was worried about this race when a runoff would have just led to a Shannon win and a Republican nomination would have led to a Republican Senator. So even though Lankford is by far one of the worst party-line, hard-line conservatives out there, at least Republicans lost their fuel at an opportunity for another black Senator on their side before 2016 comes around.

There's still no results out of Perry and Jones County which McDaniel won a good amount of vote from and still vote to be counted from DeSoto, Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Pearl River, so definitely not over yet. I'll stay up all night if I have to make sure McDaniel crosses the finish line.

I'm a bit scared Rangel might lose tonight, but at least Hanna is surviving his challenger.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »

Jones is starting to come in (about 30% more vote to be counted from there) and Cochran is back to a narrow 7,000 vote lead (51.5-48.5) over McDaniel! And there's still more vote to come from a few other McDaniel counties including Lamar and Perry. Come on McDaniel!!!! Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies