TYT Meltdown Watch Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:01:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  TYT Meltdown Watch Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: TYT Meltdown Watch Party  (Read 4104 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2020, 04:46:09 AM »

Will be great to see TYT in November i'm sure.

I think it would trigger them more to see Biden win than Trump.
No. Absolutely not. They aren't THAT deranged.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2020, 05:09:42 AM »

Is David Pakman the ONLY reasonable leftist with a proper social media platform?

Pakman is clearly stating that the primary is over (it is), that it was not due to a conspiracy but due to Sanders not being able to expand his coalition and that Biden is an a billion times better candidate than Donald Trump and also stating clearly why that is so. (predictably Pakman got hammered and threatened on twitter for simply stating the truth).

Is anybody else doing this? Everywhere else I see leftists in denial of the electoral realities and sometimes outright saying that they can't support Joe Biden or that they are "undecided". I guess Cenk is certainly going to vote Biden, but he sure as hell is doing everything he can to hurt him.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2020, 05:29:16 AM »

Everywhere else I see leftists in denial of the electoral realities and sometimes outright saying that they can't support Joe Biden or that they are "undecided". I guess Cenk is certainly going to vote Biden, but he sure as hell is doing everything he can to hurt him.
For the 847th time... Biden must earn their vote. We aren't apes and we aren't Republicans, so we don't kneel to the alpha just because he's the alpha. Th8s is NOT an unreasonable demand AT ALL. Biden must make concessiobs. The only argument tbat had is about thetyoe and size of concessions.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2020, 05:36:52 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2020, 05:42:32 AM by BlueSwan »

Everywhere else I see leftists in denial of the electoral realities and sometimes outright saying that they can't support Joe Biden or that they are "undecided". I guess Cenk is certainly going to vote Biden, but he sure as hell is doing everything he can to hurt him.
For the 847th time... Biden must earn their vote. We aren't apes and we aren't Republicans, so we don't kneel to the alpha just because he's the alpha. Th8s is NOT an unreasonable demand AT ALL. Biden must make concessiobs. The only argument tbat had is about thetyoe and size of concessions.
I assume you would also demand that Bernie made concessions to moderates had he won, right?

For the record, I am all for making concessions within reason.
weixiaobao
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2020, 06:34:23 AM »

[quote author=I Don't Trust Anything The Democrats Do For the 847th time... Biden must earn their vote. We aren't apes and we aren't Republicans, so we don't kneel to the alpha just because he's the alpha. Th8s is NOT an unreasonable demand AT ALL. Biden must make concessiobs. The only argument tbat had is about thetyoe and size of concessions.
[/quote]

The silly thing is that Warren was in the position to bargain for all these "concessions" that you guys wanted.  If she endorses Biden prior to the mini Tuesday with him promised her a position in his cabinet and or some of her policies in his platform.  Or even if you guys think Biden is not mentally fit enough to debate Sanders.  Sanders could have called up Biden to wager that for some leverage on the DEM platform and then drop out before the upcoming debate.  But consider how the progressives react to Andrew Yang's endorsement of Biden.  They don't even give constructive criticism.  They go straight to traitor, opportunist, lacking any principles, blah blah blah.  Neither of those pragmatic moves would please the online progressive base.  Politicians play politics.  One of the reason why I draw to Sanders post Yang was due to him being a LONG TIME POLITICIAN.  He stressed that he is the amendment king.  What that tells me is that he know how to play the game to be effective.  Sanders still wield a lot of power in the 2020 election even right now.  The question isn't about Biden giving concession.  The question should be how do Sanders's team use it to get what they want. 
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2020, 09:19:18 AM »

Bernie supporter here

But I dislike her....strongly. What'd she say

She said that all Bernie supporters should leave a blank ballot for the presidential race in November. Otherwise the DNC elites will just "take them for granted". (Cenk disagreed because Ginsburg.)

Soledad O'Brien calls out Cenk for white privilege:

“ Not everyone who disagrees with you is doing it because of privilege.”

When you’re so #WOKE that even Cenk Uygur is calling you out
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2020, 10:04:18 AM »

I tuned back in.  An hour ago when I tuned out, Cenk was reiterating the same 10-15 anti-Biden talking points.  Now when I tune back in he's still there.  How do people watch this?  It's just so masturbatory and limited.

It scares me that a lot of young people who support Bernie get their ideas from that oaf.
Cenk has some pretty good ideas actually. He's slightly SJW for my tastes but most of his policies are good progressive policies.

Please tell me what "SJW" means
Non-sensical racial, gender and class policies and statements that aren't productive and are often fascist and authoritarian (cancel culture).

Not everything is about race and gender and class. That's a TRUE statement, even though unfortunately racists and sexists take it and use it as a shield for their barbarism.

I fail to see how a man who says people should have sex with animals is any of that
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »

I assume you would also demand that Bernie made concessions to moderates had he won, right?

For the record, I am all for making concessions within reason.
Yes absoutely. Regardless of who won, theybshould be making (non-massive) concessions to unify the base.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2020, 02:19:42 PM »

Krystal Ball may have the best name in political media, but she is soo godawful with her condescending, belittling style, pretending to be a progressive, but really wanting to reelect Trump. That video where she declared Elizabeth Warren dead to the left for eternity for basically daring to run in the same race as Sanders was infuriating. Elizabeth Warren is 100 times the woman Krystal Ball is. I would rather watch Cenk throw a tantrum than that arrogant b*tch, at least Cenk is mildly amusing.

David Pakman is the only one really worth watching. He fought for Bernie all the way, but knows that it is over and knows that Donald Trump is the real enemy. Kyle Kulinski is obviously intelligent, but way too detached from reality when it comes to pragmatic politics.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2020, 02:39:10 PM »

The American Left had a cute little moment when they thought that they were actually popular with the electorate. Now they’re realizing that they were wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies