Gay marriage and the debates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:18:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Gay marriage and the debates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gay marriage and the debates  (Read 1832 times)
BM
BeccaM
United States

« on: October 17, 2012, 05:34:14 PM »

Since the last debate is foreign policy I guess this isn't going to be addressed at all? Weird.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:47:03 PM »

Not really. The president has a new position, one neither a president nor a major party presidential candidate has ever taken before. Romney has adopted the generic Republican stance but he wasn't always that way so that's noteworthy too.

It's also the biggest cultural issue of the times. I at least expected it in the VP debate which are usually just follow an issue by issue laundry list.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:07:35 PM »

I'm tired of people trivializing social issues and saying there are more important things to discuss. On an individual basis, sometimes those meaningless social issues are the most important to people and their quality of life.

Life is short. I'm willing to admit I care about eradicating bigotry and improving the lives of individuals more than I care about my country's economic/military standing in the world.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies