Schumer threatens government shutdown if GOP includes Wall in budget (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:57:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Schumer threatens government shutdown if GOP includes Wall in budget (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schumer threatens government shutdown if GOP includes Wall in budget  (Read 1671 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: March 14, 2017, 08:37:23 PM »

Ugh, I don't think shutdowns are helpful or justified, regardless of which party does them. If PP actually does get defunded, it's going to backfire on Republicans enormously, or "big league" if you will. And this isn't going to stop the wall, sadly.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »

Ugh, I don't think shutdowns are helpful or justified, regardless of which party does them. If PP actually does get defunded, it's going to backfire on Republicans enormously, or "big league" if you will.

For whatever reason, even though this country is around 55% "pro-choice", only about 40% of the country is "pro-choice, and I seriously consider the issue when voting". I'll believe that the defunding of PP will be a significant electoral cost to Rs when I see it, and not before.

"Only about 40%" lol. If that large a portion of the electorate is ready to come at the GOP with bloodthirst, they're going to be in trouble. Even if it's only "liberals" who care about PP, it'll probably give them yet another reason to turn out in large numbers in 2018.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies