Is Last Week Tonight the biggest example of "Better Than It Sounds" ever? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:25:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Is Last Week Tonight the biggest example of "Better Than It Sounds" ever? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Last Week Tonight the biggest example of "Better Than It Sounds" ever?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Is Last Week Tonight the biggest example of "Better Than It Sounds" ever?  (Read 642 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: March 07, 2015, 08:04:59 AM »
« edited: March 07, 2015, 08:07:40 AM by Tik »

Anything can be described in such a way that is sounds worse than it actually is. If I were to describe Last Week Tonight, it would be that one of the Daily Show's best has his own program where, every episode, he takes somewhat random topics and highlights the ridiculous way modern society approaches them in an intelligent and entertaining form.

Still kinda boring to a lot of people? Absolutely. But is that "the biggest example of 'Better Than It Sounds' ever?" No. I can think of plenty of things I can make sound worse. One example? Eating: (Mostly) organic matter is exposed to heat until relatively safe for consumption. The matter is typically masticated before being sent downwards by a tube of synchronized muscles towards the stomach. It is a prelude to digestion. It is necessary to undertake this endeavor regularly to prevent starvation. This will never change, and surely one would expect to grow weary of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies