Cops, city officials resign en masse after black mayor is elected (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:01:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cops, city officials resign en masse after black mayor is elected (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cops, city officials resign en masse after black mayor is elected  (Read 3817 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: April 20, 2015, 06:59:18 PM »

I love Southeast Missouri. They're good folks. Perhaps it was a politically motivated situation.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:32:58 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2015, 09:36:22 PM by CountryClassSF »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've never seen that film---  But yes I have been there. I have many friends who went to SEMO (Southeast Missouri State University) up in Cape Girardeau, slightly north of that area.  One close friend that still lives there.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because I said SEMO had nice people? If that's trolling I'm not sure what isn't trolling. Cue the media and the race industry trashing heartlanders -- again. 

My guess? This is likely a classic small town corruption thing coming home to roost. They resigned because of the new leadership at City Hall that will likely reform ethics in the town--  Has nothing to do with race.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 11:20:17 PM »

Actually, in my experience, Southeast Missouri is full of honest, good people. Sure, many of them are prejudiced, but they've been hit very hard by globalization, and their situation is only growing more dire as employers flee that part of the state due to competition from cheap imports of aluminum and lead.

I hope one day Cape Girardeau can grow a bit. It's really a nice place to live and work.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies