Starting to look like a nationwide bloodbath... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:06:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Starting to look like a nationwide bloodbath... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Starting to look like a nationwide bloodbath...  (Read 2368 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 29, 2014, 02:21:31 PM »

Where is this coming from? I think you should read this article:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/senate-update-the-momentum-mirage/

Yeah, Democrats are underdogs to hold the Senate and will likely lose seats in the House. But that's been true for a long time now. There's been no huge break toward the GOP in the past week.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 02:50:48 PM »

To be fair, you guys still have a lot of momentum down here in Florida. You might not get the Senate, but you can pick up a few governors mansions at least.

True. Some governorships are more valuable than others. One really shouldn't get caught up too much in the "net gains" when it comes to this. PA/FL governorships are extremely valuable going into 2016. If we get those two (well, we already have one), they're far more important than dinky ones like MA/RI/AK/AR/CT/ME.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:13:23 PM »

To be fair, you guys still have a lot of momentum down here in Florida. You might not get the Senate, but you can pick up a few governors mansions at least.

While Rick Scott losing will be cool, it's almost impossible to muster even the slightest bit of enthusiasm about another Republican taking his place.

Did you not get the memo? It's now Crist (D). Wink

Crist was pretty moderate as a Republican and has moved to the left since switching, so I don't know why so many people have gripes with him.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »

Let's see, the economy is improving strongly, millions of people are signed up for health insurance, and we're largely out of Iraq and Afghanistan, yet supposedly all is horrible because of a couple of beheadings in the ME and one guy died of Ebola?

You have to take into account that the electorate that shows up on Tuesday will probably be one that voted for Mitt Romney in 2012. Particularly in the Senate races.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies