Should transgender people tell their sexual partners they are transgender? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:38:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should transgender people tell their sexual partners they are transgender? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Should transgender people tell their sexual partners they are transgender?  (Read 6151 times)
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

« on: April 24, 2009, 10:54:50 AM »

Assuming they're pre-op, then yes.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:11:59 PM »

People don't become transgender or transsexual on a whim.

Presumably not. It scarcely follows, however, that their decision is a morally-appropriate one.

Do you want to offer some sort of rational justification, or just keep spouting crap?
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »

"[R]ational justification" for what? My assessment that it's immoral?

Yeah.

Like my opposition to mass murder and torture, it is grounded squarely in intuition.

Obviously. It's funny you use those examples in this.

Because I doubt any of our readers subscribe to the same general principles, I see no benefit in laying them out.

Essentially because you have nothing noteworthy to respond.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 05:03:36 PM »

All moral norms are grounded in intuition. Is it your position that the field of morality itself should be abandoned?

My position is that it's entirely ridiculous to base transsexualism on morality. It tends to underscore other ridiculous presumptions.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2009, 07:17:40 PM by Earth »

The point is that the feelings of "moral disgust" and "taste-related disgust," though clear to the human mind, cannot be described.

Of course they can be described. Moral positions are not inscribed within the mind such that they are inherent to the person holding them. You can describe both what you feel when confronted, and why you hold a certain view. You just choose not to describe why you hold a "moral" position that pertains to transsexualism. You could offer reasons why you find it "distasteful" or 'wrong', but instead you treat this as a trite philosophical problem. Pure sophistry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies