Trump's chances of winning Wisconsin just got lower
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:18:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump's chances of winning Wisconsin just got lower
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Trump's chances of winning Wisconsin just got lower  (Read 3866 times)
Bismarck
Chancellor

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2016, 04:12:23 PM »

I'm all against Republican voter suppression tactics, but why wouldn't you require ID? Do you have some sort of vote certificate? Because that's what we have in Sweden, as I recall.

America doesnt have National ID cards, so a large portion of society doesn't have Photographic ID like passports or driving licences.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

America is the only western democracy that doesn't.

Neither does the uk.

A large proportion don't have ID cards? Do you have any stats to back that up? Especially in the Midwest it would be almost impossible to live without a drivers liscense.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2016, 01:12:33 PM »

Well then, d***it, why did Illinois have to have a constitutional amendment creating a right to vote in 2014?

My apologies for being so low-information about this.

It was a response to Republican efforts nationwide to restrict voting. Any lawmakers/party trying to restrict voting in Illinois by any measures, such as repealing same day registration and/or instituting voter ID would likely see their efforts fail due to this amendment.

Personally I welcome such an amendment, even if Republicans have no real chance of taking over the IL legislature anytime soon. Every state should have this kind of amendment passed if you ask me. I am actually sort of surprised more Democratic states aren't pushing similar measures, but then again, they might not see the point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies