2011 Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:00:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2011 Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2011 Election Results Thread  (Read 36101 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 08, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »

CNN said there is no exact trend for tonight, but I think this is looking to be a very positive night for progressives.

Let's see:

* VA: Democrats could hold House & Senate (?)

The GOP currently controls the House 61:39 (the two independents caucus regularly with the House GOP), and unless you have information that I don't, we are not taking the House this year.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:59:28 PM »

Amazing -even Mississippi has its limits with the pro-lifers.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:11:31 PM »

For Virginia races, I would also like to suggest the Virginia State Board of Elections website.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:21:39 PM »

Does anyone have any links that show the real-time election results for the Mississippi legislature?  Because it seems clear that the Mississippi SOS has no intention of providing it.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 11:35:21 PM »

I made a quick count of the Mississippi State Senate based on preliminary results.  It looks like 29R, 23D or 30R, 22D.  I'm too lazy to count up the seats in the 122 House districts to see if the GOP picked up the 8 needed for a majority.

Where did you get these figures?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 11:40:17 PM »

Well, thankfully the GOP was able to win Ag Commisioner, one of the most powerful positions in the state, responsible for millions of dollars.

You referring to Kentucky? 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 11:43:58 PM »

If the GOP did indeed win the Virginia Senate, will there be a redo of the redistricting in that chamber?  I can't imagine them not at least trying to. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »

Does anyone have any links that show the real-time election results for the Mississippi legislature?  Because it seems clear that the Mississippi SOS has no intention of providing it.  
--------------------

'Kay, I found what I was looking for, more or less.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 11:07:49 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2011, 11:09:41 PM by Frodo »

I believe the GOP took control of the Mississippi House with 62 seats in the bag, with one (District 3) up in the air, but last time when the Dem won 3-2, Alcorn County, which is not counted yet per AP, was carried by the Dem by about 250 votes, and with Arnold, the Pubbie, leading in Prentiss, which he lost last time by close to 3-2, he almost certainly will hold on and win, giving the GOP 63 seats per my count. In the other two seats out per the AP, I went to other sources for the results.  The local press states that the Dems won District 2 in Corninth (which has no votes shown on the AP).  The other seat the AP has out is District 83, where the Pubbie Snowden was leading, but his website has him claiming victory with 52%.

GOP margins in the Mississippi legislature will increase within the coming weeks as more conservative Democrats follow the example set by their colleagues in Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia by deciding they would rather be in the majority by switching parties.  So the final total would likely not be set until perhaps early next year.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies